Whats It Going to Take?

MrStrange18

What's It Going To Take?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. For you to be excited about this team again?

• Back to back wins
    • One complete win
    • Playing in the conference title game
    • Nothing... this season is a dud
    • Other (please explain)

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The next time you meet a Dickey player tell him they layed down for their OOC games.  A bunch of those Letterman are at every home game, I'm sure they would love to discuss this idea. 

ok fair point players did not lay down, but the coach sure did with the coaching done in those games

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, untbowler said:

ok fair point players did not lay down, but the coach sure did with the coaching done in those games

The coaching staff didn't either.  Everyone on the team tried to win those games, you may disagree with how the coaches structured things, but they did those things to try and win those games. 

I never understand why everyone bad talks those accomplishments. 

21 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The coaching staff didn't either.  Everyone on the team tried to win those games, you may disagree with how the coaches structured things, but they did those things to try and win those games. 

That's just it...We're not talking about the accomplishments of the Dickey era. I talk that era up quite often. I am just referring to the running the ball, drain the play clock, just to run the ball again while doing it with no creativity to give his team a REAL chance at a win. 

20 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

No, because they aren't 12 year olds.  

They will tell you you are wrong, which you are.  

And no, I am not wrong that the coaching staff designed game plans to eat the clock while trying not to get absolutely killed with minimal to no intent on truly winning the game. And I am aware they aren't going to 'beat me up'. You implied it as is if I wouldn't state the matter of the fact due to being afraid of being beaten up. 

play to win new york jets GIF

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And no, I am not wrong that the coaching staff designed game plans to eat the clock while trying not to get absolutely killed with minimal to no intent on truly winning the game.

No that is where you are wrong.  The coaches truly thought the best way to win those games with the talent we had was to play to our strengths, run the clock, and be within striking distance.

Whats the alternative?  Get in a track meet?  Dodge tried that, did you go to that first OU game? I did, and the only reason they didn't score 100 on us is because Stoops didn't want to.  

You may not have liked the gameplan, if for some unknown reason you had been in charge you would have made a different gameplan, but the fact of the matter is that the coaches thought that game plan was the best way to win.  Not to get the game over with without trying to win.  Just thinking that proves to me you have no idea what kind of people college football players and coaches are.  They are never going to do anything except try and win.

22 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Yeah, that must have been why Coach Dickey got up in front of a gathering of alumni the night before the 2006 Longhorn game and said "I hope that when Dr. Bataille looks over at the score board tomorrow and sees the final score, she'll remember how much money we are getting paid for this game". 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Yeah, that must have been why Coach Dickey got up in front of a gathering of alumni the night before the 2006 Longhorn game and said "I hope that when Dr. Bataille looks over at the score board tomorrow and sees the final score, she'll remember how much money we are getting paid for this game". 

Thems the jokes.  Dickey was a very funny guy. Remember who he worked for, that's a tough row to hoe.