Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
MrStrange18

Whats It Going to Take?

What's It Going To Take?  

94 members have voted

  1. 1. For you to be excited about this team again?

    • Back to back wins
      24
    • One complete win
      11
    • Playing in the conference title game
      37
    • Nothing... this season is a dud
      10
    • Other (please explain)
      11


Recommended Posts

Still excited.  Conference title game would be more exciting, but still excited about this team.

 

(I'm hoping we can muster increasing excitement about next year's team.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited about this team. 

Now the OOC’s games are over and done with, I see a new season beginning.  I fully expect a big turn around with the team and with winning games! 

This team will roll over people from here on out!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I am excited about this team. 

Now the OOC’s games are over and done with, I see a new season beginning.  I fully expect a big turn around with the team and with winning games! 

This team will roll over people from here on out!

so we are back to the Dickey Days, of rolling over in OOC in order to dominate weak league. 

Got it, glad to pay coaching staff 4x the $$$ for results of 2001-2004 era

  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, untbowler said:

so we are back to the Dickey Days, of rolling over in OOC in order to dominate weak league. 

Got it, glad to pay coaching staff 4x the $$$ for results of 2001-2004 era

So we are ignoring previous results and focusing only on this year, got it.

  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, untbowler said:

so we are back to the Dickey Days, of rolling over in OOC in order to dominate weak league. 

Got it, glad to pay coaching staff 4x the $$$ for results of 2001-2004 era

Not even in the slightest, but I know that is your general outlook.

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forevereagle said:

So we are ignoring previous results and focusing only on this year, got it.

I think it's more so looking at this year's results and foreshadowing another probable 1-3 OOC record for next season. Because if we're all being honest with ourselves, 2-6 after back-to-back years in OCC is very likely. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think it's more so looking at this year's results and foreshadowing another probable 1-3 OOC record for next season. Because if we're all being honest with ourselves, 2-6 after back-to-back years in OCC is very likely. 

So we are ignoring the past, focusing only on this year, and projecting the future, got it.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been excited about this team since we rolled in to Darrell Royal on September 4, 2004 and got WHUPPED 65-0... that's the first game i was an official Mean Green student for and i've never not been excited... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, forevereagle said:

So we are ignoring previous results and focusing only on this year, got it.

So we are living in the past and not looking to improve the future? got it.

 

(I can generalize too!). Best to Learn from the past, focus on the future. I think the source of distress is we aren't living up to what that future could be

Edited by Udomann
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Udomann said:

So we are living in the past and not looking to improve the future? got it.

 

(I can generalize too!). Best to Learn from the past, focus on the future. I think the source of distress is we aren't living up to what that future could be

If we are projecting the future based on this year alone and ignoring other recent history, then we are choosing the worst case scenario and purposefully choosing a worst case scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, forevereagle said:

If we are projecting the future based on this year alone and ignoring other recent history, then we are choosing the worst case scenario and purposefully choosing a worst case scenario.

I don't think a 1-3 OOC record is a worse case scenario. I would say, given all the facts, it's the most likely scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I clicked "other."  I am still excited about this team.

I too clicked "other", and for the same reason.

It has been a rough start for what will still be a fun season.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I don't think a 1-3 OOC record is a worse case scenario. I would say, given all the facts, it's the most likely scenario. 

True, but to say that we have reverted back to Dickey's attitude of not really concerning ourselves with OOC is a worst case scenario.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

True, but to say that we have reverted back to Dickey's attitude of not really concerning ourselves with OOC is a worst case scenario.

Yeah, I didn't say that. And I don't personally think the team or coaching staff is approaching these games in that manner. I just think they were out coached/out played vs just laying down a la Dickey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, I didn't say that. And I don't personally think the team or coaching staff is approaching these games in that manner. I just think they were out coached/out played vs just laying down a la Dickey. 

The next time you meet a Dickey player tell him they layed down for their OOC games.  A bunch of those Letterman are at every home game, I'm sure they would love to discuss this idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cerebus said:

The next time you meet a Dickey player tell him they layed down for their OOC games.  A bunch of those Letterman are at every home game, I'm sure they would love to discuss this idea. 

OK. 

And it more so was the philosophy taken by the coaching staff in those games, not the players. But I'll tell them. What are they going to do, beat me up? OoOoOoOoO... . .   .   .   .    .

  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.