Whats It Going to Take?

MrStrange18

What's It Going To Take?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. For you to be excited about this team again?

• Back to back wins
    • One complete win
    • Playing in the conference title game
    • Nothing... this season is a dud
    • Other (please explain)

1 minute ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I am excited about this team. 

Now the OOC’s games are over and done with, I see a new season beginning.  I fully expect a big turn around with the team and with winning games! 

This team will roll over people from here on out!

so we are back to the Dickey Days, of rolling over in OOC in order to dominate weak league. 

Got it, glad to pay coaching staff 4x the $$$ for results of 2001-2004 era

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 9

29 minutes ago, untbowler said:

so we are back to the Dickey Days, of rolling over in OOC in order to dominate weak league. 

Got it, glad to pay coaching staff 4x the $$$ for results of 2001-2004 era

Not even in the slightest, but I know that is your general outlook.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, forevereagle said:

So we are ignoring previous results and focusing only on this year, got it.

I think it's more so looking at this year's results and foreshadowing another probable 1-3 OOC record for next season. Because if we're all being honest with ourselves, 2-6 after back-to-back years in OCC is very likely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think it's more so looking at this year's results and foreshadowing another probable 1-3 OOC record for next season. Because if we're all being honest with ourselves, 2-6 after back-to-back years in OCC is very likely. 

So we are ignoring the past, focusing only on this year, and projecting the future, got it.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, forevereagle said:

So we are ignoring previous results and focusing only on this year, got it.

So we are living in the past and not looking to improve the future? got it.

(I can generalize too!). Best to Learn from the past, focus on the future. I think the source of distress is we aren't living up to what that future could be

Edited by Udomann
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

29 minutes ago, Udomann said:

So we are living in the past and not looking to improve the future? got it.

(I can generalize too!). Best to Learn from the past, focus on the future. I think the source of distress is we aren't living up to what that future could be

If we are projecting the future based on this year alone and ignoring other recent history, then we are choosing the worst case scenario and purposefully choosing a worst case scenario.

5 hours ago, forevereagle said:

If we are projecting the future based on this year alone and ignoring other recent history, then we are choosing the worst case scenario and purposefully choosing a worst case scenario.

I don't think a 1-3 OOC record is a worse case scenario. I would say, given all the facts, it's the most likely scenario. 

11 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

True, but to say that we have reverted back to Dickey's attitude of not really concerning ourselves with OOC is a worst case scenario.

Yeah, I didn't say that. And I don't personally think the team or coaching staff is approaching these games in that manner. I just think they were out coached/out played vs just laying down a la Dickey. 

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, I didn't say that. And I don't personally think the team or coaching staff is approaching these games in that manner. I just think they were out coached/out played vs just laying down a la Dickey. 

The next time you meet a Dickey player tell him they layed down for their OOC games.  A bunch of those Letterman are at every home game, I'm sure they would love to discuss this idea. 

Just now, Cerebus said:

The next time you meet a Dickey player tell him they layed down for their OOC games.  A bunch of those Letterman are at every home game, I'm sure they would love to discuss this idea. 

OK. 

And it more so was the philosophy taken by the coaching staff in those games, not the players. But I'll tell them. What are they going to do, beat me up? OoOoOoOoO... . .   .   .   .    .

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1