Kelvin Smith.

UNTLifer

All I know is the Smith is injured and Pirtle was out a game or two with injuries as well...this from Coach Littrell at the radio show a couple of weeks ago (after the show as he does not want to chat about injuries on the show). And, he did not say anything and "what" injuries.  Also noticed Pirtle back in the game against Houston. After that radio show Hank confirmed to me that Coach Littrell does not even tell him "what injuries".  Coach simply does not like to talk about player injuries.  I can respect that...just wish I knew if Smith would be back at all this season.  We need BOTH our tight ends.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, we do and Smith is more of a prototypical tight end with his size as opposed to Pirtle.  Pirtle's strength is receiving but he struggles with blocking.  On one fourth down play against Houston, he totally whiffed on his block and that player made the stop.

I was excited to see Smith's production in this offense, so hopefully he is back at full strength after the bye week.