This sort of sums up this season for us

Harry

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I will forever be thankful for what Littrell has done for our program his first three years, but the way he is wasting Fine's senior season is an absolute travesty.

Mason has lost three of his top targets from last year, one declared for the draft and two have been lost to injury this season. He has some excellent athletes to throw to, but Darden and Griffin are still learning. (not callin them newbies, but these guys would just be much better if they'd played receiver throughout their football careers)

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Mason has lost three of his to targets from last year, one declared for the draft and two have been lost to injury this season. He has some excellent athletes to throw to, but Darden and Griffin are still learning. (not callin them newbies, but these guys would be so much better if they'd played receiver throughout their football careers)

Did I miss something? Who's the other one outside of Bussey?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

SMUs success sums up OUR season to YOU? You can quit toting around their jockstrap anytime. 

The reason is because our season has been disappointing and our biggest rival is now ranked and undefeated...that sums up frustration at a high level...not something I’d expect you to understand 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

Mason has lost three of his top targets from last year, one declared for the draft and two have been lost to injury this season. He has some excellent athletes to throw to, but Darden and Griffin are still learning. (not callin them newbies, but these guys would just be much better if they'd played receiver throughout their football careers)

It's a stretch to call Smith one of his top targets, but point taken.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

It's a stretch to call Smith one of his top targets, but point taken.

I disagree. Fifth in receptions last years, which means with Guyton gone and Bussy out, Smith is in the top three by default. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I disagree. Fifth in receptions last years, which means with Guyton gone and Bussy out, Smith is in the top three by default. 

I can’t recall their names,..maybe you can,..but do you remember the tightends for Tulsa (54-2 loss in 2005) and Rice (77-20 loss in 2008) that we never stopped?

When I heard the new offense was going to utilize the Tightend more that’s what I imagined.  And the ACU game got me all excited for that.  Hopefully they are saving that for conference?

Rick

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I can’t recall their names,..maybe you can,..but do you remember the tightends for Tulsa (54-2 loss in 2005) and Rice (77-20 loss in 2008) that we never stopped?

When I heard the new offense was going to utilize the Tightend more that’s what I imagined.  And the ACU game got me all excited for that.  Hopefully they are saving that for conference?

Rick

In 2005 no one stopped Tulsa’s Mills, who had 87 catches for 1235 yards and 9 TDs. 

2008 Rice: James Casey had 8 catches against us, with 111 on the year for 1329 and 14 TDs. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

In 2005 no one stopped Tulsa’s Mills, who had 87 catches for 1235 yards and 9 TDs. 

2008 Rice: James Casey had 8 catches against us, with 111 on the year for 1329 and 14 TDs. 

That’s them.  Those were terrible ass kickings but damn how incredible to watch them go. Best use of the Tightend I’ve ever seen at the college level.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

That’s them.  Those were terrible ass kickings but damn how incredible to watch them go. Best use of the Tightend I’ve ever seen at the college level.

Rick

Until Portland State, those two losses stood out to me as the worst losses we had taken since we moved back up to 1-A in 1995...that Rice game would’ve easily been 100+ if Rice had wanted to...

• Thanks 1