DRC: The Monday edition of What We Learned

Brett Vito

41 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

CUSA is a bottom feeder.

Only at North Texas could we join a conference with much more regional teams that are more recognizable and leave the bottom rung conference only to see it turn to complete dog$hit and see the other spare conference soar past us.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Only at North Texas could we join a conference with much more regional teams that are more recognizable and leave the bottom rung conference only to see it turn to complete dog$hit and see the other spare conference soar past us.

Not sure I would say only at UNT. There were several other former SBC members that came over right before, with us, or shortly after us. 

We need to move away, completely, from east division teams. The realignment of SBC/CUSA must happen ASAP. There is no reason to delay this. NO ONE cares about those east teams except for those east teams and their fan bases. We need to get Arkansas State, ULL, Texas State + the 7 CUSA West members. Play a round robin schedule with 9 conference games and call it a day. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

And we remove ourselves from all the dog $hit with warp speed when we complete Apogee Stadium per its original plans. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not sure I would say only at UNT. There were several other former SBC members that came over right before, with us, or shortly after us. 

We need to move away, completely, from east division teams. The realignment of SBC/CUSA must happen ASAP. There is no reason to delay this. NO ONE cares about those east teams except for those east teams and their fan bases. We need to get Arkansas State, ULL, Texas State + the 7 CUSA West members. Play a round robin schedule with 9 conference games and call it a day. 

I completely agree. The SBCUSA schools need realigning so bad, it’s ridiculous. Why we can’t get this done amazes me: Again, what’s so hard about this setup:

UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, ULL, La Tech, UNT, Arkansas State, ULM, USM, Troy, and UAB.

Make the East be: USA, MUTS, WKU, FIU, FAU, Ga state, Ga Southern, Charlotte, Appy State, Coastal carolina, Marshall, and Liberty 

You can’t make tv want your product, but you can control expenses and increase attendance by making games closer than they are now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I completely agree. The SBCUSA schools need realigning so bad, it’s ridiculous. Why we can’t get this done amazes me: Again, what’s so hard about this setup:

UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, ULL, La Tech, UNT, Arkansas State, ULM, USM, Troy, and UAB.

Make the East be: USA, MUTS, WKU, FIU, FAU, Ga state, Ga Southern, Charlotte, Appy State, Coastal carolina, Marshall, and Liberty 

You can’t make tv want your product, but you can control expenses and increase attendance by making games closer than they are now.

Way too big, make two separate conferences.

The best conference group out of these teams for NT would be UTEP, UTSA, Rice, NT , ULL, La Tech, Ark St, UAB, MTSU, WKU