USM Line

TheColonyEagle

No, not surprised by the odds.  However, they should be lower; just the home field advantage 3 points

However, USM is a team that NT should beat.

Their 3 wins are over a bad UTEP team, Alcorn St. a fcs team and a Troy team that doesn't appear that strong this year

They have lost to Miss. St. and Alabama,  respectfully by 23 and 42 points. 

NT has beaten them three straight years

If NT and USM traded schedules, USM would beat and lost to the teams NT beat; and NT would do the same with USM foes

I do believe this game more than any other could decide the Western division champ.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

No, not surprised by the odds.  However, they should be lower; just the home field advantage 3 points

Their 3 wins are over a bad UTEP team, Alcorn St. a fcs team and a Troy team that doesn't appear that strong this year

If NT and USM traded schedules, USM would beat and lost to the teams NT beat; and NT would do the same with USM foes

I do believe this game more than any other could decide the Western division champ.  

A lot on the line on this game. 

Littrell hasn’t faired well in these. 

maybe he’ll turn the tide. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

All I know is, if we don't double Quez Watkins all game he's gonna have 200 yds and 3 TD's. With Bussey out he's easily the best receiver in CUSA

• Upvote 1

If there's a 14+ point USM lead in the first quarter again, we'll lose.   If we're winning in the first quarter, we'll win. 
If it's a very competitive game after the first quarter (like we're only down 10-7), I won't know what to think since we haven't been in that situation yet, but I'd like to think with how the team settles down, that we'll see them come alive again in the 2nd/3rd quarters to take the lead and hold on. 

How the team comes out after the first whistle will dictate how the game goes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I'm surprised it wasn't closer to +10/11

I'm taking USM and the points on this one.

Can't trust SL and history will indeed repeat itself. 

Down vote me you homers, do it. 

Guess you will be following the game from your seat in Kyle Field?  I would assume you will stand out in your green attire.

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article235878077.html

“He’s kind of the heart soul of our defense, he and (Demarrio Smith),” USM defensive coordinator Tim Billings said. “He lines everybody up and makes all the checks. He’s our quarterback. He’s our stabilizing force. Getting him back this week will be huge for us.”

18 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/university-of-southern-mississippi/article235878077.html

“He’s kind of the heart soul of our defense, he and (Demarrio Smith),” USM defensive coordinator Tim Billings said. “He lines everybody up and makes all the checks. He’s our quarterback. He’s our stabilizing force. Getting him back this week will be huge for us.”

Boothe has 10 tackles, a forced fumble and a team-leading three quarterback hurries for USM, which is 3-2 overall and 1-0 in Conference USA

Uh, he's been out for over half of their season so far, and his 3 QB hurries (that's all?) still leads the team??? 
If they can't get after Fine, he's going to murder them.  Bussey or not, OL question-marks or not.   They have an all-conference 1st teamer on the DL in Jaques Turner... but he only has 1 sack and hasn't done much of anything this year.

I'm starting to feel a lot better about this game.    Bracket Quez, get after Abraham, & we'll be fine.

EDIT:   ...And also come out to actually play a football game in the first quarter... and we'll be fine.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 3

This is a winnable game but our Swiss cheese O line has got to be better. The skill players are there. It’s a shame that we’ve watched Mason run for his life for 4 years. Littrell has never gotten the O line figured out. When Derek Thompson was here, he was the least sacked qb in the country over 2 years. Imagine if Mason and co. had that kind of protection....

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1