Sports Illustrated no longer has us making a bowl as of week 5

MGNation92

I am not counting on it at all. We could easily lose to LaTech, UAB, and SoMiss. And after attending that shit show at ODU last season, I am not certain about Charlotte either. Generally a team with one elite pass rusher destroys us.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I am not counting on it at all. We could easily lose to LaTech, UAB, and SoMiss. And after attending that shit show at ODU last season, I am not certain about Charlotte either. Generally a team with one elite pass rusher destroys us.

This.

I do think we will win at least 2 of these 4, as well as at least 2 of the 3 games with MUTS, UTEP, and Rice. That’s still terrible, as you are 6-6, with victories over ACU, UTSA, Charlotte, MUTS, UTEP, and Rice. Even if you add in a USM or a UAB for a win,  that’s not exactly Murderers Row. 

• Upvote 3

We are not as good as we thought.  But, I think our guys are better than the 2-3 record shows.

• SMU is 5-0 and #24
  • Cal is 4-1, was #20 and barely lost to the now #20 Team in the nation.
  • Houston just flat out has better athletes than anyone in our conference.   Breakdowns, on D and ST cost us this game.

The Houston game was really deflating.   But, I am pretty sure that we will win more conference games than we will lose.   That should get us a bowl game.    CUSA is just  not good.

There is at least one positive coming from this year.    Tre Siggers looks like a potential star RB for us.    And, we will have him for 2 more years. 

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5

I hope we win out. But I'm saying that cause that's what I want and maybe not being realistic.

But a 6 win season....yea it gets us to a bowl where we probably won't be favored and fans will be leary of the outcome. Don't think it pushes us forward very much.

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

But 6-6 gets us a nearby bowl bid with our phat alumni base.  How great does that sound.  I'd be there. 

GMG

This is part of almost 40,000 Mean Green fans at a DFW area bowl game not so long ago.  (Hmmm? 🤔There’s that number “40,000” once again).

Anyone else think an area bowl might be interested in these kind of ticket sales as shown in the photo?   I think many who read & post on this forum do.

GMG!

75D06FF2-4942-41F2-8CE1-0AAF7FF8882A.jpeg.bd10d5e4ced66dcc839074edace21194.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

This is part of almost 40,000 Mean Green fans at a DFW area bowl game not so long ago.  (Hmmm? 🤔There’s that number “40,000” once again).

Anyone else think an area bowl might be interested in these kind of ticket sales as shown in the photo?   I think many who read & post on this forum do.

GMG!

75D06FF2-4942-41F2-8CE1-0AAF7FF8882A.jpeg.bd10d5e4ced66dcc839074edace21194.jpeg

My brother goes to Texas Tech and I would love to play them this year in the the First Responder's bowl. 

Only issue is that they moved it to Gerald Ford this year............. :huh:

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Unless he decides to get in the transfer portal.  Hope not, but it could happen.

I’m still needing someone to explain why the NCAA has allowed a collegiate “free agent” kind of program to exist at all.  

Of course, I’ve also been trying to understand why one political party thinks it has to destroy its country so it’s countrymen will vote for them to lead what they’ve destroyed.  🛡 (I’m speaking of one particular country in Europe that’s near & dear to some of us). 

GMG!

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:09 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’m still needing someone to explain why the NCAA has allowed a collegiate “free agent” kind of program to exist at all.  

Of course, I’ve also been trying to understand why one political party thinks it has to destroy its country so it’s countrymen will vote for them to lead what they’ve destroyed.  🛡 (I’m speaking of one particular country in Europe that’s near & dear to some of us). 

GMG!

Well if CA has its way schools will soon be paying players...so we have that going for us 

• Confused 1