Biagi... grrr

outoftown

Despite defense struggeling at times, and offense having major regression NT could have been in this game in the 4th quarter if special teams coverage had been better. I was a defender of special teams earlier in the season, but I am coming around on Biagi having serious flaws.

Kicker and punter themselves are actually quite good, but coverage is capital B Baad. Both returned kicks/punts were simply badly drawn up plays, and I was thinking oh-oooh immeadiately when they left the kickers foot, while also being convinced that the ball actually went where it was supposed to. When that happens, it usually means those plays are to a good part on the coach. That can't happen.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

The pooch kick was after the UH KO return TD. It was our staff saying we don't trust our guys to kick and cover so we're going to concede the 40 yard line to you (as if they trust their D more). 

I’m talking about the short kick that was returned for a TD. Why kick it to the 10? I know our kicker can kick it out of the end zone. 

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

I’m talking about the short kick that was returned for a TD. Why kick it to the 10? I know our kicker can kick it out of the end zone. 

Mooney's leg really isn't that strong and he was kicking into the wind there...That was just what it was...poor coverage and contain by the KO team. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Mooney's leg really isn't that strong and he was kicking into the wind there...That was just what it was...poor coverage and contain by the KO team. 

WHY WAS HE KICKING OFF THEN???? Kenworthy has been doing the job well recently, so why not put him in or Zach Williams

• Upvote 1