Highest Attendence At Apogee

Cerebus

45 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

...to many empty upper deck and wing vacancies

I figured this would come up this game, so I took a picture from CL11 of the Wing during the first half.  This is feels like the most people in the Wing since maybe the last Houston game? 

I read that this attendance was less than 100 more than our LA Tech attendance last year.  This game appeared much more attended from where I was sitting than the 2018 LA Tech Game.

20190928_190534.jpg

20190928_201533.jpg

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 5

Some of you seem to not pay attention to attendance.  Butts in seats are always less than announced unless it is elite P5 stadiums.

I thought NT make a mistake with the announced crowd for the UTSA game.  Most programs that crowd would have been announced at least 25,000.  

You are just underselling the program if you post absolutely correct numbers, because few others do.  

That was absolutely the biggest actual crowd I have seen at Apogee, whether it was 28k or 30k.   

• Upvote 5

Conversely, some of our best games have been in empty stadiums. Lance Dunbar's last game against Middle comes to mind. Please advise: Should we pray for rain and cold the rest of the year?

I could only fill 4 of my 8 seats. Sickness, parents punishing their kids for bad behavior (so the entire family cancels), regulars out of town for work commitments made it so. Lots of sold seats are unused every game. But I agree, the stadium has never been fuller.

GMG

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The 2018 La Tech crowd was bigger IMO. It was certainly louder. Maybe it just felt bigger. 

LaTech was louder for sure. Granted there wasn’t much to cheer for early on, but it just felt like the crowd never really got into it. We were louder at the SMU game. I don’t get it. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Felozano said:

LaTech was louder for sure. Granted there wasn’t much to cheer for early on, but it just felt like the crowd never really got into it. We were louder at the SMU game. I don’t get it. 

I think the optimism was higher against SMU. When Houston went up 17-0 in the 1st, I just remember thinking I can’t believe it’s already over. Sigh. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Do students sit an assigned seat or do the cram into the student section?

You get an assigned seat in the student section but usually you just sit wherever, only recently has it started to be a problem since it’s packed. 

10 hours ago, Venson said:

The attendance is most likely correct. The reason some seats seem empty because many people never sit down. They are constantly walking or at concessions. There were easily thousands walking back and forth and not sitting.

And, unfortunately, many of the Hub Club folks never seem to come out to their seats...always making for lots of “empty” seats. Yet, inside the Club is pretty darn full. 

• Upvote 2