POST GAME COMMENTS

El Paso Eagle

Just now, golfingomez said:

and both Tech and Washington have/are definitely complaining about him not being able to win a big game and/or win a conference title

and they complain about him not paying enough attention to the defense...

Focusing on the wrong aspects of my post. I'm talking about the accountability he holds for his players and coaches which have made him successful. I'm not saying be a carbon copy of him and have a historically bad defense. (That UCLA loss was such a Mike Leach game, it hurt).

10 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah, and his win totals continued to steadily increase every year culminating in conference championships in two different Power 5 conferences. Constantly trending in an upward trajectory with no noticeble drop off. Perspective. Comparing Apples and Oranges. Look, I'm not anti-Littrell, but look at how Leach holds his players accountable for playing with no heart. Littrell needs to hold more people accountable, starting with his assistant coaches. That is the point of the post. Nick Saban chewed Lane Kiffin's ass out in a blow out win for not scoring on a drive at the end of the game. That's the accountability we need Littrell to have. 

Mike Leach has won as many conference championships as Littrell has... also, his win totals were never a steady increase... they were a climb and then a plateau until he reached the next level...

2000 Texas Tech 7–6 3–5 4th (South) L Galleryfurniture.com    
2001 Texas Tech 7–5 4–4 T–3rd (South) L Alamo    
2002 Texas Tech 9–5 5–3 T–2nd (South) W Tangerine    
2003 Texas Tech 8–5 4–4 4th (South) W Houston    
2004 Texas Tech 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (South) W Holiday 17 18
2005 Texas Tech 9–3 6–2 T–2nd (South) L Cotton 19 20
2006 Texas Tech 8–5 4–4 4th (South) W Insight    
2007 Texas Tech 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (South) W Gator 23 22
2008 Texas Tech 11–2 7–1 T–1st (South) L Cotton 12 12
2009 Texas Tech 8–4 5–3

2012 Washington State 3–9 1–8 6th (North)      
2013 Washington State 6–7 4–5 T–4th (North) L New Mexico    
2014 Washington State 3–9 2–7 T–5th (North)      
2015 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) W Sun    
2016 Washington State 8–5 7–2 2nd (North) L Holiday    
2017 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) L Holiday    
2018 Washington State 11–2 7–2 T–1st (North) W Alamo 10 10
2019 Washington State 3–2 0–2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

7 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Focusing on the wrong aspects of my post. I'm talking about the accountability he holds for his players and coaches which have made him successful. I'm not saying be a carbon copy of him and have a historically bad defense. (That UCLA loss was such a Mike Leach game, it hurt).

right, so you want LIttrell to go to the microphone after the game and say our players are fat, dumb and selfish and talk about how they are soft, meanwhile taking no responsibility himself?

Edited by golfingomez
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

2 posts up, I literally said I'm not anti-Littrell. Do you read? My last post explicitly said Reffett is the one that needs to be fired, but reading is hard, isn't it guy? I'm honestly amazed at how clueless and ignorant your post is. 

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah, I can see that. I would say one thing and he would put words in my mouth and quote me for saying the opposite. There are some useless and deluded posters on this forum 

Useless and deluded, now that is mature. 

It is so scary to encounter such a ferocious message board warrior. 

Glad my post went from clueless and ignorant to now I am useless and deluded.

I not saying you are useless, I assume you do some things well.  

However you are deluded, and apparently not very smart.  

How is that for trading insults like third graders.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Seth ain't going no where right now. I would be surprised if any coaches leave before season is over. The excitement of this team's season is spiraling downward. But NT still has conference play and could win the west division and play for the Conference title. But no FBS OOC wins this season stains any conference titles.

Unfortunately, all the preseason hype may have played a roll in our demise. SL should of been able to see our talent level fell after last season and adjusted expectations. The success of this football season was placed squarely on Mason Fine's shoulders and charged to do more with less support.....IMO

14 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Mainly said in jest because I love Leach but results do show that he has started at both Tech and Washington State with little to nothing and built them into a winner.

After three years SL's record is very similar to what Leach did at Tech and better than what he did at WSU.

40 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Accountability because he is an ass and calls them out in public?  You have no idea what level of accountability Littrell holds anyone to because he chooses to address these things out of the paper and not in press conferences.

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Useless and deluded, now that is mature. 

It is so scary to encounter such a ferocious message board warrior. 

Glad my post went from clueless and ignorant to now I am useless and deluded.

I not saying you are useless, I assume you do some things well.  

However you are deluded, and apparently not very smart.  

How is that for trading insults like third graders.  

I'm not smart, yet you can't even read and comprehend statements that are in front of your face, then pointed out to you in subsequent posts.

I'm not smart, yet I have 2 Masters Degrees, one of which I got I a foreign country. Ok, buddy. I'm done with you, you are literally too thick to be doing this with and not worth my time. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

As for the rest of y'all. This wasn't meant to be a Mike Leach record discussion. I've already explained at length what I am referring to and am done with this conversation. The only thing that matters is the results on the field, which we aren't getting. Done. 

• Eye Roll 1

28 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I'm not smart, yet you can't even read and comprehend statements that are in front of your face, then pointed out to you in subsequent posts.

I'm not smart, yet I have 2 Masters Degrees, one of which I got I a foreign country. Ok, buddy. I'm done with you, you are literally too thick to be doing this with and not worth my time. 

Geez, two masters degrees.  I am definitely not in your intellectual class. 

Judging by your posts, you must have been on the debate team too. 

I am glad you are done with me, now I want be tempted to read your drivel. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Geez, two masters degrees.  I am definitely not in your intellectual class. 

Judging by your posts, you must have been on the debate team too. 

I am glad you are done with me, now I want be tempted to read your drivel. 

Yup, I agree. And as I pointed out already; you don't read, so par for the course there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yup, I agree. And as I pointed out already; you don't read, so par for the course there. 

Did you forget I am too thick to match your intellectual prowess?

Also that you were not going to post in this thread again, because it is a waste of your valuable time.

Better get to work on another degree.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Did you forget I am too thick to match your intellectual prowess?

Also that you were not going to post in this thread again, because it is a waste of your valuable time.

Better get to work on another degree.   

I don't know, your responses are too amusing to ignore 🤣 And funny you say that, I'm actually looking at getting an MBA from KU. I'll do it just for you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, golfingomez said:

Mike Leach has won as many conference championships as Littrell has... also, his win totals were never a steady increase... they were a climb and then a plateau until he reached the next level...

2000 Texas Tech 7–6 3–5 4th (South) L Galleryfurniture.com    
2001 Texas Tech 7–5 4–4 T–3rd (South) L Alamo    
2002 Texas Tech 9–5 5–3 T–2nd (South) W Tangerine    
2003 Texas Tech 8–5 4–4 4th (South) W Houston    
2004 Texas Tech 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (South) W Holiday 17 18
2005 Texas Tech 9–3 6–2 T–2nd (South) L Cotton 19 20
2006 Texas Tech 8–5 4–4 4th (South) W Insight    
2007 Texas Tech 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (South) W Gator 23 22
2008 Texas Tech 11–2 7–1 T–1st (South) L Cotton 12 12
2009 Texas Tech 8–4 5–3

2012 Washington State 3–9 1–8 6th (North)      
2013 Washington State 6–7 4–5 T–4th (North) L New Mexico    
2014 Washington State 3–9 2–7 T–5th (North)      
2015 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) W Sun    
2016 Washington State 8–5 7–2 2nd (North) L Holiday    
2017 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) L Holiday    
2018 Washington State 11–2 7–2 T–1st (North) W Alamo 10 10
2019 Washington State 3–2 0–2

Is there anyone here on GMG that would not take that 10 year stretch he had at Tech?

I sure as hell would. 

31 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Is there anyone here on GMG that would not take that 10 year stretch he had at Tech?

I sure as hell would. 

i definitely would..

I also would have instantly taken the 3 year stretch Littrell has brought without question for the majority of the past 15 years...

expectations grow...

So, Leach's first three years at Tech resulted in records of 7-6, 7-5, 9-5 (23-16)

Littrell's first three years here have resulted in records of 5-8, 9-5, 9-4 (23-17)

That one extra loss SL has sure has a load of people with their panties in a wad.