POST GAME COMMENTS

El Paso Eagle

1 minute ago, Jonnyeagle said:

He sounded very down.  Said they have a lot to work on and off week came at the right time.  Also Gave credit to Houston and their coach.  This guys press interviews are very boring quite honestly.

Isn't that the typical thing SL says?

• Upvote 1

Tired of the same coach speak. Step up to the plate, be a leader, and hold people accountable. Including your players and fellow coaches. Take a page out of the book of the GOAT. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27725266/mike-leach-rips-fat-dumb-washington-state-players-loss

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I like the "couple of weeks to clean up some stuff" statement. So in the next two weeks your going to wave your magic wand and make the team bigger, faster, and stronger?

This I have to see.

Doesn't he say this like every week?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Tired of the same coach speak. Step up to the plate, be a leader, and hold people accountable. Including your players and fellow coaches. Take a page out of the book of the GOAT. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27725266/mike-leach-rips-fat-dumb-washington-state-players-loss

Leach...the GOAT?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Leach...the GOAT?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mainly said in jest because I love Leach but results do show that he has started at both Tech and Washington State with little to nothing and built them into a winner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Mainly said in jest because I love Leach but results do show that he has started at both Tech and Washington State with little to nothing and built them into a winner.

First three years at WSU were 3-9, 6-7, 3-9.  His average record at WSU through seven seasons is 7 wins and 5.71 losses.

At Tech he averaged 8.4 wins and 4.3 losses.

Littrell, through 3 seasons, has averaged 7.66 wins and 5.66 losses.

Just throwing out a little perspective.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

First three years at WSU were 3-9, 6-7, 3-9.  His average record at WSU through seven seasons is 7 wins and 5.71 losses.

Perspective is getting  7.66 wins. In CUSA. Arguably (but not by much) worse than Sunbelt now.

Let's win something meaningful and then those stats might be useful

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Yeah, and his win totals continued to steadily increase every year culminating in conference championships in two different Power 5 conferences. Constantly trending in an upward trajectory with no noticeble drop off. Perspective. Comparing Apples and Oranges. Look, I'm not anti-Littrell, but look at how Leach holds his players accountable for playing with no heart. Littrell needs to hold more people accountable, starting with his assistant coaches. That is the point of the post. Nick Saban chewed Lane Kiffin's ass out in a blow out win for not scoring on a drive at the end of the game. That's the accountability we need Littrell to have. 

1 minute ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah, and his win totals continued to steadily increase every year culminating in conference championships in two different Power 5 conferences. Constantly trending in an upward trajectory with no noticeble drop off. Perspective. Comparing Apples and Oranges. Look, I'm not anti-Littrell, but look at how Leach holds his players accountable for playing with no heart. Littrell needs to hold more people accountable, starting with his assistant coaches. That is the point of the post. Nick Saban chewed Lane Kiffin's ass out in a blow out win for not scoring on a drive at the end of the game. That's the accountability we need Littrell to have. 

And how do you know what Littrell says to his coaches or players?  

Chewing out players or coaches  in public IMO is not something to be desired.  

It might look good to some fans, but does more good than harm in the locker room and playing field. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

And how do you know what Littrell says to his coaches or players?  

Chewing out players or coaches  in public IMO is not something to be desired.  

It might look good to some fans, but does more good than harm in the locker room and playing field. 

You're right. Whatever he is saying is obviously working starting last year with our constant second half collapses and this year with our overall disfunction in all 3 phases of the game. And I'm not saying to chew somebody out. I'm saying HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE starting by firing a coach that is responsible for allowing over 50 points in conference championship games, bowl games, and over 150 points in 5 games this season. How many times do I have to repeat it's about accountability and not just chewing someone out? The fact that Reffett still has a job is Exhibit A that he is not holding people accountable. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

You're right. Whatever he is saying is obviously working starting last year with our constant second half collapses and this year with our overall disfunction in all 3 phases of the game. And I'm not saying to chew somebody out. I'm saying HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE starting by firing a coach that is responsible for allowing over 50 points in conference championship games, bowl games, and over 150 points in 5 games this season. How many times do I have to repeat it's about accountability and not just chewing someone out? 

In other words, you have no idea what he says to players or coaches.  

Now you want the school to fire Littrell because he is not up to your standards.   I don't guess you want to donate a few million to help with that buyout.   

That ok, because NT is not firing a winning coach.   NT will have a winning record this year, so you might have a little wait for Littrell's termination. .   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

In other words, you have no idea what he says to players or coaches.  

Now you want the school to fire Littrell because he is not up to your standards.   I don't guess you want to donate a few million to help with that buyout.   

That ok, because NT is not firing a winning coach.   NT will have a winning record this year, so you might have a little wait for Littrell's termination. .   

2 posts up, I literally said I'm not anti-Littrell. Do you read? My last post explicitly said Reffett is the one that needs to be fired, but reading is hard, isn't it guy? I'm honestly amazed at how clueless and ignorant your post is. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

2 posts up, I literally said I'm not anti-Littrell. Do you read? My last post explicitly said Reffett is the one that needs to be fired, but reading is hard, isn't it guy? I'm honestly amazed at how clueless and ignorant your post is. 

I’m not...dude adds very little to this forum.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I’m not...dude adds very little to this forum.

Yeah, I can see that. I would say one thing and he would put words in my mouth and quote me for saying the opposite. There are some useless and deluded posters on this forum 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, American_Patriot said:

The coach omits what he is really missing... Outside talent is missing... JG (NFL) and Bussey (injury) is a large piece missing. He does not have that talent in his depth-charts! Coach should of stayed away from the “Heisman” talk. Not having your elite players make a difference... Coach should address it.

You are right on it. JG had no business leaving early. I wish we could take that one back in a heartbeat. Well he take that one back. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

and both Tech and Washington have/are definitely complaining about him not being able to win a big game and/or win a conference title

and they complain about him not paying enough attention to the defense...