Bring back Graham Harrell

Jonnyeagle

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

He’ll be looking for a job after this season because Helton is 100% getting fired. New AD will want a new coach and a new coach will likely want his own OC.

Got a strong feeling he will have no problem. From everything I have seen and heard he is very well respected. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

It wasn’t GH....it’s the talent that he had to work with thats the problem. 

Except we lost very little on offense. That argument does not stick. Reeder was the wrong choice to take over, NT would have needed someone willing to keep an offense more similar to the one we had last season, there was no need to change now when almost all the offesnive personel remains the same and you are good already.

Graham Harrell’s play calling cost us games last year. Games we should’ve won.  However, it’s obvious he had an impact on Fine. And Fine was comfortable with him. Fine seems to look more uncomfortable as the season goes along. I think part of it is the Ath Dept sucking everything they can out of him for marketing. From the Heisman campaign to every time he goes anywhere he’s got a camera stuck in his face. I wish they would just let him play football. The other is his comfort level and trust with GH was MUCH higher than it appears to be with Reeder. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

GH offensive looked great in the first halfs only to stall in the second halfs after the opponents' defensive adjustments. Conversely, Reeder offense looks sluggish in the first halfs only to grow stronger toward the end of the second quarter and through the rest of the game (basically chasing the huge deficit we spotted in the first quarter due to sluggish offense and defense play.) Pick your poison. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, outoftown said:

Except we lost very little on offense. That argument does not stick. Reeder was the wrong choice to take over, NT would have needed someone willing to keep an offense more similar to the one we had last season, there was no need to change now when almost all the offesnive personel remains the same and you are good already.

This is my thought exactly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

well yall are wanting Littrells head so this is an option that would either make this program Memphis or Texas State

I don’t want SL’s head. I remember what it was like under the past three HC’s and I prefer to never go back to that. SL is light years ahead of the others we have had. But that doesnt mean we don’t see a bad fit with our OC. We need to make a change there. Because what is there is NOT working. Never have I seen such a confused fine or offense for much of the games. The only common denominator is our new OC. And this, with our fearless QB who is supposed to be in his best year of his college career. 

We won’t have success under this guy. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Travis said:

I don’t want SL’s head. I remember what it was like under the past three HC’s and I prefer to never go back to that. SL is light years ahead of the others we have had. But that doesnt mean we don’t see a bad fit with our OC. We need to make a change there. Because what is there is NOT working. Never have I seen such a confused fine or offense for much of the games. The only common denominator is our new OC. And this, with our fearless QB who is supposed to be in his best year of his college career. 

We won’t have success under this guy. 

i agree, but Seth does call half the plays. I really hope the bad calls werent from littrell

• Upvote 1

Last night, our coaches didn’t put together a very good game plan, but the reality was always known. Houston has WAY MORE TALENT  than us, especially on the lines. They completely out-talented us. We aren’t anywhere close to being an AAC or MWC Upper-echelon program. Hell, Appy State and Troy are better than we are, talent-wise. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, but being in the SBCUSA in Texas for our program doesn’t make recruits want to come here. It’s a fine setup for Rice and the UT-Satellites. But that’s not going to make our program ever be any better than it’s been. We can’t beat SMU and UH above us consistently when they recruit players that are MUCH bigger and more talented than we get. It’s why so many on here have no idea how much they hurt our program’s potential by limiting us to SBCUSA setups that make going to games much easier. 

TCU was the blueprint and somebody is going to get the chance to follow it one day by going west. But I’m afraid it’s not going to be us because our fanbase doesn’t want it, even if we were to miraculously get an invite out West.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

UNT is still a stepping stone. You don't come back (which, ironically doesn't jive with the old axiom: You never leave Denton).

Old denton would say Seth is a lock to stay. New Denton needs his ass in the hot seat. If he can't get the job done, we'll hire someone who will. 

GH won't be coming back. Reeder isn't the answer. So let's take a step up instead of backwards.

• Upvote 1