THE JUNE JONES CURSE

meangreenbob

Interestingly, I talked with a former NT coach a couple weeks ago and he mentioned exactly this scenario. We were talking about how we expected the UNT-SMU game to be much closer than it was. He drew parallels between how after June Jones thought he was going to Arizona he was no longer fully invested and believes the same thing is going on with Seth Littrell after K-State. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Interestingly, I talked with a former NT coach a couple weeks ago and he mentioned exactly this scenario. We were talking about how we expected the UNT-SMU game to be much closer than it was. He drew parallels between how after June Jones thought he was going to Arizona he was no longer fully invested and believes the same thing is going on with Seth Littrell after K-State. 

This is spot on. SL made the decision to follow Mason Fine one more year and then ride off into the sunset. He knows that his future concerns for UNT are contained to the next few months and nothing more.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

30 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

This is spot on. SL made the decision to follow Mason Fine one more year and then ride off into the sunset. He knows that his future concerns for UNT are contained to the next few months and nothing more.

I wish AD's would grow a pair and flush this down the drain with concrete proof or hand out pink slips on the spot when it's sniffed out. It can't be tolerated by anyone at any place. But they schmooze and continue to play the game the way they were trained to play it...All in the intent of propping themselves up higher in the future. Bunch of nobodies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I wish AD's would grow a pair and flush this down the drain with concrete proof or hand out pink slips on the spot when it's sniffed out. It can't be tolerated by anyone at any place. But they schmooze and continue to play the game the way they were trained to play it...All in the intent of propping themselves up higher in the future. Bunch of nobodies. 

FIRST OF ALL YOU NEVER NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS FROM A POSITION OF WEAKNESS LEST YOU PANIC WITH FEAR AND REWARD SOMEONE BEFORE THEY’VE EARNED IT. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 9/28/2019 at 11:48 PM, untjim1995 said:

Total speculation.  You all are also assuming that Jones and Littrell have the same character.  I don't believe this one bit.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, SMUleopold said:

Honest question: Has Littrell been offered a position somewhere? 

I'd be shocked if he hasn't been contacted by someone, but actually offered?

How's June's inner city ministry coming along.  I recall he wanted to spend more time on that endeavor.  Just curious how that worked out for him.

• Downvote 3

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

How's June's inner city ministry coming along.  I recall he wanted to spend more time on that endeavor.  Just curious how that worked out for him.

If it's going as well as his recruiting plan did then Dallas is recovering from a city wide crack epidemic right about now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Seth doesn’t get an offer if he’s not successful this yr, so if all this theorizing is accurate he’d be entirely invested in success this yr.  That’s all nonesense anyway.  What’s hurting us most is: loss of Rico/Jalen, loss of GH (a security blanket for Mason), newer faces on defense (who are coming around by the way), and as of last week, special teams play.  And yes, I agree early Seth recruiting struggled - but why wouldn’t it when you go 5-7 after going 1-11 and not having an IPF, etc.  Hes put together solid classes lately, in spite of KState type rumors all the time.  We will be ok.  

• Upvote 1