Just SICK

NTEX91

2 hours ago, wardly said:

I didn't see the Cal game., but SMU and Houston beat us because they were much better teams on both sides of the ball. With 7 games left, we should win 4 to 5 of them. However, we are over rated this year, and just not as good as last years team. Having said that, I don't think we should just shrug our shoulders and accept this years level of play. Expect more or you will get less.

THAT was the North Texas before Hayden Fry arrived. In fact, between the time that Rod Rust was fired and Fry was hired there was a non-binding vote amongst the student body regarding keeping football or getting rid of it..........the "Keep" barely won.  Hayden Fry immediately (and correctly) assessed the main situation at North Texas......ATTITUDE and CULTURE.  And he went about trying to change it. And he would have been successful too had it not been for one brick wall after another placed in his way,  and the opportunity to change someone else's attitude in the Big 10. Check and see how that went. 

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

Agree with you here. This team is just not as good as last years team across the board. Disappointing, considering all the “success” the last few years that this team couldn’t recruit enough to push itself over the hump. 

The success we had in the last few years has been marginal, if not approaching smoke and mirrors.  Look at every  game under SL as the coach and we lost every game that really mattered. Our regular season and conference championship game with FAU was an absolute disaster. We had a cumulative score of 48-110. And we followed up that disaster with our bowl loss to Troy. We did the same thing last year. Every game that really mattered we lost.......to teams that everyone thought (according to our hype) we should have beaten . And then we topped off that turd sundae of a season with an Albuquerque bowl  cheery on top 13-55. And and even then I think that USU took pity on us.

With each loss the same theme comes forward. Our opponent was bigger, faster and stronger than us. They also played (like Houston did last night) with much more confidence than us.

And why shouldn't they?  They ARE bigger, they ARE faster, and they ARE stronger than us. And I'm beginning to believe that all those teams have something else.......better coaching. 

I'm not looking forward to this years early signing day when I once again dread that I have to make my annual "Clara Pellar" statement

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

Question. I may live in dreamland, but it is my understanding that schools are not supposed to recruit players in the transfer portal. Regardless, how does SMU get 35 transfer players, the most in NCAA?

Maybe Littrell can ask Sonny this summer while cracking Claws at their adjoining Lake Houses in Oklahoma. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Question. I may live in dreamland, but it is my understanding that schools are not supposed to recruit players in the transfer portal. Regardless, how does SMU get 35 transfer players, the most in NCAA?

I believe you can recruit players IN the transfer portal, you just can't recruit them TO the transfer portal. That is my understanding, though it may be wrong. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:59 PM, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

They got out played.  I’ll second what south side guy said - bring on conference play.  Historically we’re a .500 team - it is what it is.  We ain’t Bama or Texas or whoever.  Let’s not let water cooler talk get you out of perspective - a .500 team in Texas is what we are.  You want dominance?  Do what everybody else in the metroplex does and affiliate yourself with the Longhorns or the Sooners or whoever is hot this decade.  You want to root for your Mean Green?  Then take the good with the bad.   Least you know where you stand.  Win or lose, lay your chips on the Mean Green.  And when they lose you accept it.  Shit, it ain’t like they tried to lose the game - they played hard, they lost, move on to the next opponent and learn from your mistakes and all that jazz. Let’s not start acting like aggy where we think we’re intitled to something because we’re not.  We’re a good team and sometimes good teams lose.  Sometimes they win.  Recently we’ve won more that we’ve lost.  The crowd I saw tonight at Apogee is so much more improved that what I saw at Fouts forever.  Course I want them to win, but sometimes the good Lord doesn’t give ya what you want.  But ya get what ya need.  I’m proud of our guys for fightin till the end, disappointed but hell, life’s full of disappointments.  I’m stepping off my soap box.  Go Mean Green and let’s kick the shit out of the next team we face.  

That’s one of the saddest things I’ve read on this board....

Just now, UrNotTalented said:

This win was sweet! You thought you could run over a team with twice your talent level? Not going to happen. Not next year in The Cage either. Unt does have some good pieces to work with going forward. The Coogs didn't do anything special we just were ready and Unt is Not Talented enough. 

britney spears yes GIF

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

britney spears yes GIF

Lol so much for the Cougar High moniker yall borrowed from other Texas schools. If Houston was Cougar High then UNT is Eagle Elementary. Smaller campus, enrollment, endowment, national relevance and significance to college football all together. Don't hate me. Just returning the trash talk that was dished out by you guys. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, UrNotTalented said:

Lol so much for the Cougar High moniker yall borrowed from other Texas schools. If Houston was Cougar High then UNT is Eagle Elementary. Smaller campus, enrollment, endowment, national relevance and significance to college football all together. Don't hate me. Just returning the trash talk that was dished out by you guys. 

britney spears yes GIF

8 minutes ago, UrNotTalented said:

dump hudson GIF

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

britney spears yes GIF

Oh you're a Brittney Spears fan? How about some music. 

Mason fine got popped so much he started singing "hit me baby one more time"

UNT team was soft and were a bunch of "pretty girls".

UNT was "lucky" king redshirted

"Everytime" yall kicked to us, we ran it back for a TD. 

What Houston did to your defense should be "criminal".

Houston will be better than UNT "until the world ends"

Your defense looked like It was having a "Slumber party " out there.

You thought Coogs had problems but I'm sure they're nowhere near as "toxic" as that unt lockeroom

Edited by UrNotTalented
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UrNotTalented said:

You thought Coogs had problems but I'm sure they're nowhere near as "toxic" as that unt lockeroom

britney spears yes GIF

3 minutes ago, UrNotTalented said:

Thrash talk goes on before the game

The gracious winner part comes after, but it does not appear you are aware of that concept