Unofficial Game thread - Houston

Udomann

53 minutes ago, Legend500 said:

I don’t think it was playcalling. The 2 point try’s I’m fine with. Especially the first one, card definitely says go there.

When your players can’t tackle, there’s not much else you can do.

The cards say kick the extra point. Those were stupid decisions, then late in the fourth, when you SHOULD go for two, we kick. Absurd. 

14 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

We've given up 152 points in 5 games! Yet people still defend Reffett. Blown out in Conference Championship Games, blown out in every Bowl Game, blown out in games that matter. This is Year 3 for Ref and this is what we have to show for it. When will people be fed up with our defense being a liability? I'm as frustrated as anyone about the offense not producing but we have a first year OC still implementing a new system that isn't going to happen overnight, but there is no excuse for our piss poor defense and their inability to tackle. 

I don't think I've seen anyone defending Reff.  Everyone I've seen is tired of him. 

• Downvote 1

Garbage. Ridiculous garbage. 

Taking a quarter down 2 touchdowns. 

Bozo 2-pt conversion attempts. 

Poor play calling, again. 

Mason Fine missing targets all over the place. 

Special teams being the wrong kind of special. 

Defense, trash. 

All against a team without their starting QB and best WR, on our turf, with a great crowd. 

It's about inexcusable letdown. 

To boot, Seth Littrell has emotions to that of an aged, tired sloth. 

Let's just throw more money at him, eh? 

That's a wrap for me in 2019. Attendance is about to tank. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Very frustrated quiet drive home from #NotReallyNewDenton to Plano... I think the lady takes it harder than I do, she has a short football memory and seems to only remember our last two seasons. 

This team seems to have inhaled some of the demolition dust from Fouts when they were tearing it down.  #olddenton IDGAF seems to be infecting their blood.

Seth appears to be a cancer.  He may be a great coach, but he has no passion apparent to any of us who aren't in the locker room.  I saw more expression from him when he saw the buffet at Park Place Lexus during the Coaches Roadshow 2 years ago than I saw from him in the post game I just watched.  We all have great employees that work for us that are also awful employees because of their attitude.  The attitude problem always catches up to you.

Mason just appears average this season.  I'll let all of you with higher football IQ's tell me why.  Maybe he's just tired of running for his life every day.  The kid probably has CTE from that shameful example of an O-Line that has never in a single day of his career at UNT protected him.  He's laid out, often in a big way, on a majority of the downs we take.

I appear to be quite the oracle for all my #FireReffert tweets, GMG.com, and r/CFB posts over the last few years... can't begin to count the downvotes I got on all those.  It appears I was right.  I'm sure Seth will leave and Wren will promote Reffert to Interim HC.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Very frustrated quiet drive home from #NotReallyNewDenton to Plano... I think the lady takes it harder than I do, she has a short football memory and seems to only remember our last two seasons. 

This team seems to have inhaled some of the demolition dust from Fouts when they were tearing it down.  #olddenton IDGAF seems to be infecting their blood.

Seth appears to be a cancer.  He may be a great coach, but he has no passion apparent to any of us who aren't in the locker room.  I saw more expression from him when he saw the buffet at Park Place Lexus during the Coaches Roadshow 2 years ago than I saw from him in the post game I just watched.  We all have great employees that work for us that are also awful employees because of their attitude.  The attitude problem always catches up to you.

Mason just appears average this season.  I'll let all of you with higher football IQ's tell me why.  Maybe he's just tired of running for his life every day.  The kid probably has CTE from that shameful example of an O-Line that has never in a single day of his career at UNT protected him.  He's laid out, often in a big way, on a majority of the downs we take.

I appear to be quite the oracle for all my #FireReffert tweets, GMG.com, and r/CFB posts over the last few years... can't begin to count the downvotes I got on all those.  It appears I was right.  I'm sure Seth will leave and Wren will promote Reffert to Interim HC.

If Wren puts Reffett at HC, I would no longer go to games

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

Win 3-4 in a row and be in the title chase and attendance will be right back at 25k plus. Or at least somewhat close. 

Only way Apogee sniffs 25K+ again is if it's hosting a CUSA championship game OR win 6 in a row going into the season and home finale vs UAB (with something on the line). 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:
20 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

This! 

21 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Garbage. Ridiculous garbage. 

Taking a quarter down 2 touchdowns. 

Bozo 2-pt conversion attempts. 

Poor play calling, again. 

Mason Fine missing targets all over the place. 

Special teams being the wrong kind of special. 

Defense, trash. 

All against a team without their starting QB and best WR, on our turf, with a great crowd. 

It's about inexcusable letdown. 

Let's just throw more money at him, eh? 

That's a wrap for me in 2019. Attendance is about to tank. 

The two point conversion attempts didn’t affect anything. Both times they still would have been a field goal needed. If we had made the first one  a field goal after scores would have put us in the lead. Mathematically it made sense. The rest is pretty true though. 😕

On 9/28/2019 at 11:32 PM, Cerebus said:

USM is the best team in the West.  We have to play @LaTech and @USM and we'll underdogs in both.  

Maybe, but La Tech has not beaten a team with a FBS win, and in total those teams have won only two against fcs schools. 

I would rank USM at the top of the conference, but frankly they have not been that impressive either. 

CUSA is wide open, 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CK4 said:

I knew the game was won as soon as Carr broke off for that 68 yard td on our very first drive.

Littrell going for 2 the 2nd time in a row plus the numerous 4th down conversion attempts despite being in negative territory spoke that he was intimidated and had no faith in the defense whatsoever. If I felt that from behind the TV screen then obviously Holgerson and the rest of the team most definitely felt that.

In SL’s defense, he has no defense. He knew that it was desperation time going for it on those 4th downs. Your DL basically played Fullback for us, so we had nothing between the tackles. 

Yall are just way above where we are as a G5 program. You’ve shoved it up our ass every time we have played you since Apogee opened up. There’s just not much we can do about it. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1