Unofficial Game thread - Houston

Udomann

Just now, Legend500 said:

I don’t think it was playcalling. The 2 point try’s I’m fine with. Especially the first one, card definitely says go there.

When your players can’t tackle, there’s not much else you can do.

at what point does this fall on the DC, since he arrived tackling has been piss poor.

• Upvote 3

Just now, southsideguy said:

Well we have a bye week now, I guess we should spend sometime on, I don't know, special teams maybe?   

Just now, Green Lantern said:

30,123 Official Attendance number. To watch that. Ugh.

Never fails we get a good crowd and we lay an egg.  Happens too many times.

• Upvote 2

Houston has better athletes and better size, but this final score was 100% a coaching failure for Seth and his crew. Fine & the receivers look borderline lost out there on most offensive snaps. That’s not deceptive shifting before the snap; that’s dudes who don’t know where to line up.

Our special teams play tonight was the worst I’ve seen since the McCarney days. Houston watched enough film to see we were sloppy on backside containment, and they put their superior athleticism to work twice to exploit that.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

Houston has better athletes and better size, but this final score was 100% a coaching failure for Seth and his crew. Fine & the receivers look borderline lost out there on most offensive snaps. That’s not deceptive shifting before the snap; that’s dudes who don’t know where to line up.

Our special teams play tonight was the worst I’ve seen since the McCarney days. Houston watched enough film to see we were sloppy on backside containment, and they put their superior athleticism to work twice to exploit that.

Time out on a 2pt??????????????

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Seth is here next year.  He ain't going anywhere boys after the trends.  You lose every big game.  You don't play D.  You let suspect coaches play calls too long.

There goes attendance the rest of the year.  Poor Wren having to work with this disaster. 

"Nobody rises to low expectations."  Wren needs to get the coaching list dusted off.  He will use it at some point and he needs to implore to Seth that he is impeding the upward trajectory of this program.  Cash the check but you don't get to take the jersey with you. 

North Texas I love.  See you in Hattiesburg.

GMG  

Hold on partner, CUSA is at the bottom below the SunBelt. I bet NT dominates CUSA West and goes to another Bowl. Seth will get out coached and embarrassed in a 3rd straight Bowl but his winning record will be enough to get him outta here. Just wait.... 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Hold on partner, CUSA is at the bottom below the SunBelt. I bet NT dominates CUSA West and goes to another Bowl. Seth will get out coached and embarrassed in a 3rd straight Bowl but his winning record will be enough to get him outta here. Just wait.... 

This.

CUSA West will go to La Tech, but we will finish second to them. We will go 7-5, get a bowl invite to some spare bowl and SL will be long gone before that game gets played in Birmingham or The Bahamas or whatever other port that CUSA gets for their bowl eligible members.

SL knows that this gig leads to a higher place on the CFB ladder. I’m  just hoping he Is our Dennis Franchione and that our next coach can be the one that becomes the Gary Patterson/Chris Petersen guy, like TCU and Boise State got when their coaches got hired away.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

9 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

So can we start who will be our next coach now?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

Very possible.  If his replacement builds his team through recruiting strong line play,  then we will finally be headed in the right direction.  You have to control the line of scrimmage.  

Look I'm pissed off too but to say after two 9 win seasons in a row that maybe the next coach can have us going in the right direction is pretty ridiculous 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, untbowler said:

at what point does this fall on the DC, since he arrived tackling has been piss poor.

We've given up 152 points in 5 games! Yet people still defend Reffett. Blown out in Conference Championship Games, blown out in every Bowl Game, blown out in games that matter. This is Year 3 for Ref and this is what we have to show for it. When will people be fed up with our defense being a liability? I'm as frustrated as anyone about the offense not producing but we have a first year OC still implementing a new system that isn't going to happen overnight, but there is no excuse for our piss poor defense and their inability to tackle. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Look I'm pissed off too but to say after two 9 win seasons in a row that maybe the next coach can have us going in the right direction is pretty ridiculous 

Bad record versus +.500 teams. No conference championships. No bowl wins. Signature wins? Maybe the one, at Arkansas.

To top it all off it looks like 7 wins will be the best we can hope for this year. That is regression and it doesn’t look like we have the depth to be much better next year. 

I've seen all I need to see.

Edited by meangreenlax