Lol unt

shootermcgavin44

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

I love Fine and I am sorry but you can't just let the kid off the hook.  I'm waiting for him to win a BIG game along with Seth.  Mason is and will be loved forever in Mean Green land.  But whether its the coaches or the scheme or the whatever, I look forward to Mason getting through it.  San Antonio is what I loved and will cherish forever from him.  I just wish we had a few more of those when it counts in relation to growing the program. 

This is not a hate on Fine post.  This is a frustration with the program and leaders of the Green post.  Okay, got it out.  At least the beach is across the street. 

GMG

I partly agree here. Mason has 1 second or less before he has to escape for his life. Yes he did miss some throws, but the O line has been and will always be bad. Get rid of the O line coach like what the cowboys did, and things might change

6 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Espn3 is an easy option for anyone with a smart TV. Why can’t UNT get their streaming games on a legit network 

ESPN 8 was airing the World Final Dodgeball Tourney... Fox Sports Denton County had a rerun of the NCTC Underwater Basketweaving Championship run... MySpace was busy covering a heartfelt look at the Captain of the TWU Knitting Team and how her great grandmother was a Titanic survivor.

Had to settle for the ole Facebook live stream...

espn-8-the-ocho2.jpg?quality=90&w=768&h=

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Espn3 is an easy option for anyone with a smart TV. Why can’t UNT get their streaming games on a legit network 

Because CBS chose to broadcast this game and not ESPN? CUSA has three broadcast partners -- ESPN, CBS Sports, and Stadium. I don't know who gets first, second, and third picks but there is a pecking order and UNT doesn't get a choice in the matter.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, racyta said:

So it’s just acceptable? Oh ho hum, huge game for the program no need to be on tv. Small time college athletics 

•  

I didn't say it was acceptable.  I pointed out that @shootermcgavin44 's ire is misdirected.  Our school doesn't negotiate our media contracts, the conference does this.  Would we all like to be in a better conference?  Sure, but we just recently moved up from the Sun Belt, that gave us a home when we didn't have one.  Prior to that we got to reside in the Big West and before that we were relegated to D1AA/now FCS, because of an administration with a terrible attitude towards athletics and a complete lack of understanding of what investing in athletics does for the university as a whole.   If it were as easy as some of you think it is, we would just place ourselves in the Big XII or SEC and reap the benefits, but that isn't how it works.  We have nowhere to go at this time, so your ire needs to be directed to the office of CUSA and our crappy commissioner in Judy McLeod.

14 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

My original and only point is it’s unacceptable this game wasn’t offered on a legit network 

Bullshit.  Quit backtracking.  You original and only point was to lay the blame at the feet of our AD and call it small time.  The game not being offered on a legit network is the fault of the conference, and by the way that game was called and run by the network, I would say that was the result of the AAC.  Either way, this is not the fault of our AD.

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Bullshit.  Quit backtracking.  You original and only point was to lay the blame at the feet of our AD and call it small time.  The game not being offered on a legit network is the fault of the conference, and by the way that game was called and run by the network, I would say that was the result of the AAC.  Either way, this is not the fault of our AD.

Yeah, this isn't his fault. But he's a part of the problem of he's supporting our awful commish. He should be trying to backdoor oust her as well as every other AD in the conference. A 20-year old sports marketing student could do the job she has done. 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, this isn't his fault. But he's a part of the problem of he's supporting our awful commish. He should be trying to backdoor oust her as well as every other AD in the conference. A 20-year old sports marketing student could do the job she has done. 

And you know what Baker is up to on a daily basis, or that he is fine with Commish Judy's performance?

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, UNTLifer said:

I didn't say it was acceptable.  I pointed out that @shootermcgavin44 's ire is misdirected.  Our school doesn't negotiate our media contracts, the conference does this.  Would we all like to be in a better conference?  Sure, but we just recently moved up from the Sun Belt, that gave us a home when we didn't have one.  Prior to that we got to reside in the Big West and before that we were relegated to D1AA/now FCS, because of an administration with a terrible attitude towards athletics and a complete lack of understanding of what investing in athletics does for the university as a whole.   If it were as easy as some of you think it is, we would just place ourselves in the Big XII or SEC and reap the benefits, but that isn't how it works.  We have nowhere to go at this time, so your ire needs to be directed to the office of CUSA and our crappy commissioner in Judy McLeod.

Exactly. Have you seen Nick Saban bitching every week about Alabama's kick times? But Alabama has no control. The conference bundles and sells media rights. Networks (or streaming services) purchase those by tiers. They pick where to air the game and what time to air them. All a school, President or AD can do is try to schedule attractive home games and hope TV wants to air them. 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:16 PM, racyta said:

So it’s just acceptable? Oh ho hum, huge game for the program no need to be on tv. Small time college athletics 

•  

It looked like we all had to accept it this weekend. CUSA sucks as a league, but it’s where we are now. What can you do? You can’t make networks want your product. Was ESPN responsible for picking La tech and Rice over us and UH? If so, that tells you even more that you gotta accept it. If not, and it’s CUSA calling the shots, well, you gotta accept it, too. Until or unless the commissioner changes and they fix this kind of ridiculousness, you’ll probably just get even more disappointed and will eventually just leave and pick a Power League team to follow as your own.

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Of course not. Did I say such? 

No, but you insinuate as much with this comment:

"Yeah, this isn't his fault. But he's a part of the problem of he's supporting our awful commish. He should be trying to backdoor oust her as well as every other AD in the conference. A 20-year old sports marketing student could do the job she has done. "

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

No, but you insinuate as much with this comment:

"Yeah, this isn't his fault. But he's a part of the problem of he's supporting our awful commish. He should be trying to backdoor oust her as well as every other AD in the conference. A 20-year old sports marketing student could do the job she has done. "

Typo..."...IF he's supporting our awful commish." 

34 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Typo..."...IF he's supporting our awful commish." 

The University presidents pull the strings regarding conference leadership.    You gotta believe Smatresk can recognize the difference in conference leadership between what he had going on in the MWC while at UNLV, VS what we have going on here in C-USA.

• Upvote 1