Listening to the broadcast while at Apogee

greensleeves

This is a pitiful question, but please be kind anyway. I usually take a little radio and listen to the KNTU broadcast of the game while I'm at Apogee watching it. I can never 

get good wifi at the stadium, so I don't like to rely on an internet connection. But it seems as if you can't listen to the broadcast on KNTU this season. (This will be the first game

I've attended this year). Just wondering how anyone else listens to the broadcast while at Apogee. Am I the only one who can't get a good internet connection? I have a I-phone with At&T so I don't think its my phone. And what station is doing our broadcast this year?

And finally, GMG and Crush the Cougars! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

If we only knew of a company that provides wireless services to places such as college campuses.   If we can find one, we should offer them naming rights to our stadium.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

WiFi in Apogee is horrible.  It’s a head scratcher as to why Apogee the company cannot help address that issue.

This is why I strongly believe that there should be a MGSF perk of a members only WiFi network in Apogee. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

Not sure why y’all are having problems, but I listened to the entire game last week live on 88.1 from Apogee.  The broadcast was great and there was no delay.  I did not however listen on line and that may be the issue.  I have found that listening on line is iffy at best, not to mention the 5 plus second delay.  Try listening live on an FM radio, it will work just fine.

• Upvote 3

Thank you all. I'm in Tyler, so I have to stream the games on the internet when I'm here instead of Apogee. I was assuming it would be the same thing for listening via old school radio broadcast when I'm in range of the radio station. Glad I am wrong about that!

And that photograph of the little radio looks exactly what I bring with me. Much to my companions' chagrin. Until they ask what actually happened on the last play.... 

• Upvote 2

I used to bring a small FM radio to the games. That worked great for a couple of years. 

Then i realized that all android phones already have an FM tuner app on them. 

So now all i bring is my smart phone and some headphones. Check your phone to see if it has an FM Tuner. 

It works great. Listening to the FM broadcast while watching the game at apogee is a game changer. It's called, "FM Radio" and it came already installed on my phone. 

fa5wtxLTVDLDLPI6GQbO6t-nY29cwqgGj4M7KYI9jtHAhFlM0O_liq8_LnAoBd5QFphPRCkWm8bWokzI3eglr8qmDrrgOXsZi5IWv_Bx5OAJ-PZGOcEQBai8gU4UNujLdqPXkmctuvGZjlfQUZBOXofT-zWiz6VrBaSd9WIaZS3TyjqmFPHzkvAGiH8gbXvhlztLtkI-XtEKKkyz-ZiGGnBOid7nY52obBmXRh8VaPr228TmceyYNLZNi4RdGSYXAjKFH0179nStr3L_LPJ-INPnRBEXJcv7OhBb-IdmWEMtymQiXb6OU88hGR3EcOTHOjI8Fr1bmNrZ3_X9xZOvOkGKHOSJJQSo86S8pJ_qZYr_Te-HXBonl2AEkj2mXwoO4A8t-At9-B7mtWFKkRxyNPcu1ODhBak_1uKZh7JmeNu_M9r8wJTY35l8KxZd30d9GuTt0yvjGNIK5NVYdzWLDU2V8MtscpVjCqh-bKq9AUV5OgxEnsHT8s6FHZ_56q6304hB8XA_57DVNSViDKcTIii3hGhhXHme6aJE9nIrhKPdKyIoL9iP9DcE92P3qLjIVlYx0I3PZrUTLlwRyL_Z3jbVX0-rg2g8XIRHYOZ41zSL3YwGBvALDV66ShIiMMuXuibZSs1ZuQvPfnM5XSFLBZz5-1K6u6_MjWvABijXxoHKtqSUuylA5ns=w524-h930-no