2021 - Jacoby Jackson (OT - Mansfield Summit)

jdennis82

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Good news is we have been recruiting d line very well. Signed 3 d-linemen last class who had multiple P5 offers, and have one committed currently who has 4 P5 offers. O line is a much different case.

Oh we sign 4-6 each year but they lack offers and are rarely capable of playing tackle. I feel like we have 40 interior linemen on the roster. 

• Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Oh we sign 4-6 each year but they lack offers and are rarely capable of playing tackle. I feel like we have 40 interior linemen on the roster. 

Yes, these outline the issues perfectly. And you look at our 2021 offers, every tackle we have offered is committed with the exception of 3: Max Merrill (showing warm to Louisville), Joseph Amos (showing warm to SMU and Houston), and Anton Ambuehl. We are Ambuehl’s only FBS offer. 

We have recruited every other position very well recently, with the arguable exception of QB. Maybe we should just try and work the transfer market more effectively, although Plantin flopped as well. Maybe guys who have to sit a year then have multiple years of eligibility left?

23 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Yes, these outline the issues perfectly. And you look at our 2021 offers, every tackle we have offered is committed with the exception of 3: Max Merrill (showing warm to Louisville), Joseph Amos (showing warm to SMU and Houston), and Anton Ambuehl. We are Ambuehl’s only FBS offer. 

We have recruited every other position very well recently, with the arguable exception of QB. Maybe we should just try and work the transfer market more effectively, although Plantin flopped as well. Maybe guys who have to sit a year then have multiple years of eligibility left?

For O-line do you seeing us going after more JUCO or Transfers moving forward? We just don't seem to have luck with HS recruiting for O linemen

40 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

For O-line do you seeing us going after more JUCO or Transfers moving forward? We just don't seem to have luck with HS recruiting for O linemen

We’ve signed a JUCO offensive lineman every year under Littrell, and some years more than one. So I think we’ll continue to sign JUCO offensive linemen. But I want to see us get more creative and look at the FBS transfer market for offensive linemen, especially guys who have multiple years of eligibility left, rather than just grad transfers.

We need to find some way to up our talent level and size on the line. We have redshirted every high school o-linemen Littrell has signed so having adding an FBS transfer or two who has to sit out a year shouldn’t throw off our depth.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, BillySee58 said:

We’ve signed a JUCO offensive lineman every year under Littrell, and some years more than one. So I think we’ll continue to sign JUCO offensive linemen. But I want to see us get more creative and look at the FBS transfer market for offensive linemen, especially guys who have multiple years of eligibility left, rather than just grad transfers.

We need to find some way to up our talent level and size on the line. We have redshirted every high school o-linemen Littrell has signed so having adding an FBS transfer or two who has to sit out a year shouldn’t throw off our depth.

I am not a DD fan, but he seemed to have little problem getting offensive linemen.  He didn't recruit many and tended to start the good ones very early and only changed his OL lineup do to eligibility loss. 

Just an observation, but Littrell seems to struggle getting good OL.  Or perhaps DD and staff was just better in developing offensive linemen. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...