Injury Update

MRH

20 minutes ago, MRH said:

Anyone know any injury updates? Aside from those that are out for the season (bussey, English) anyone know of the status on the following players and if anyone else is injured? Is Elex Woolworth back?

Woodworth was back for both Cal & UTSA.   Makes a huge difference as well!  I didn't notice anyone go out during the UTSA game, so I think it's just Bussey & English.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MRH said:

I have started 2 Bryce English threads in the past and am reluctant to start another. Someone posted on here a few weeks ago he was having surgery. I believe they found out from his Twitter.

Love the kid and hope he gets well but I have to say I’ve never seen more GMG bandwidth given to a player who has rarely ever even stepped on the field.  How about giving some time to some young guys who are producing for us like MaKyle, Jyaire and Brammer  etc

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Love the kid and hope he gets well but I have to say I’ve never seen more GMG bandwidth given to a player who has rarely ever even stepped on the field.  How about giving some time to some young guys who are producing for us like MaKyle, Jyaire and Brammer  etc

Add LeBlanc to the list of guy’s producing. I’ve been impressed with his play so far.

Raveon Hoston got plenty of bandwidth also & he was never here! 

• Upvote 2

I totally agree and I will stop with the English threads. I think the volume of them is due to us starving for D-lineman up front. When we play the bigger schools we get dominated at the lines on both sides of the ball. We have some really good ones in Novil, Hambone, but it is a challenge to get size up front. We get talent at the skill positions but need size on the OL and DL. I get a little over the top excited when a highly touted transfer at one of those positions comes to our team.

• Upvote 4

Sa'afi has played well tying up the OL for our LB's to make plays and he has great size along with Colvin.  Size on the DL isn't huge on the ends, and we get Novil in the middle for one more year.  Dodson and Walker both have the size and I hope are being redshirted to get adjusted.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MRH said:

I totally agree and I will stop with the English threads. I think the volume of them is due to us starving for D-lineman up front. When we play the bigger schools we get dominated at the lines on both sides of the ball. We have some really good ones in Novil, Hambone, but it is a challenge to get size up front. We get talent at the skill positions but need size on the OL and DL. I get a little over the top excited when a highly touted transfer at one of those positions comes to our team.

I’ve been preaching this for years!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MRH said:

I wasn't meaning you in particular,  it's just been a lot of us - yes including me - have given English a lot of attention and I just think there are other guys who are just as deserving of our time.

You are absolutely correct though, the best G5 teams have good defensive linemen and depth.  We will get a taste of that this week as UH has some very good talent and size on their d-line.

7 hours ago, MRH said:

I have started 2 Bryce English threads in the past and am reluctant to start another. Someone posted on here a few weeks ago he was having surgery. I believe they found out from his Twitter.

Yeah that was me. I saw that yesterday that he had surgery again. I really feel bad for him