Recruits at the UTSA game

Charlie NT 73

At the UTSA game, I could see many guys on the side line with the NT players. The guys were wearing black jeans and big white t-shirts.

The guys in black looked to be having a very good time mixing in with the players.

Were these guys recruits that were invited to the game? Were there any of our current commitments with this group? Who were these guys?

1 hour ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

At the UTSA game, I could see many guys on the side line with the NT players. The guys were wearing black jeans and big white t-shirts.

The guys in black looked to be having a very good time mixing in with the players.

Were these guys recruits that were invited to the game? Were there any of our current commitments with this group? Who were these guys?

I don't believe that they were recruits.  I believe that they were redshirts and scout team.  

I have previously seen recruits near the south end of the second level (section 209-210?).  I'm not sure if that is/was a permanent or temporary location. 

I've yet to notice prospects on the sideline but it's possible that commitments might have been included since it appeared that a fairly large number was dressed in black and white.

12 hours ago, UNT86 said:

I believe the recruits were on the sideline for pregame and went into the stands as the team went into the locker room.

There were a lot of them.

I saw a tweet prior to the game that had a picture of tables set on the AC's "balcony."  Each table had one of the throwback helmets in the center and the tweet was instructing the players where to sign in.  Look very well done.  

As to the comment above, it is my understanding that this is how all recruits are handled as they can't be on the field during the game.