Official Houston Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

3 hours ago, CK4 said:

Our main three receivers Lark, Stevenson and Bradley are too fast and too physical for UNTs secondary. UNT has not seen a receiver with Stevenson's speed at all.

Porter and Carr are extremely physical running backs which js also a foreign concept for UNT's defense seeing as they aren't a very physical bunch

Tune actually has a stronger arm than King.

Looking at height, weight and eye test our offensive line is almost double the size of UNTs dline (figuratively speaking)

While our defense especially our secondary leaves muchs to be desired, our two underclassmen linebackers Mutin and Kirven have been lights out and our rush end Anenih had the 8th most sacks in the country, averaging 2 a game and I most certainly expect him to sack Fine a few times. Our nickel Stuard is great with short range passes and leads our team in tackles.

Overall I expect our superior size, speed and athleticism to overwhelm UNT similar to how Cal and SMU did. 

Coogs win 45-21 and I anticipate a beautiful meltdown on this board when it happens.

It pains me greatly to say it, but I agree with much of what CK4 said. Houston is a very good team that may have lost a couple of star players but they have very capable replacements. They've lost to two ranked teams and to Tulane on one of those nights where absolutely everything bounced Tulane's way.

That said, the circus this week must have been somewhat distracting, and we have a pretty strong home field advantage.

North Texas 98

Houston 98

Coaches are forced to wrestle to decide winner and Dana concedes defeat when Seth breaks his arm again.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, CK4 said:

Our main three receivers Lark, Stevenson and Bradley are too fast and too physical for UNTs secondary. UNT has not seen a receiver with Stevenson's speed at all.

Porter and Carr are extremely physical running backs which js also a foreign concept for UNT's defense seeing as they aren't a very physical bunch

Looking at height, weight and eye test our offensive line is almost double the size of UNTs dline (figuratively speaking)

While our defense especially our secondary leaves muchs to be desired, our two underclassmen linebackers Mutin and Kirven have been lights out and our rush end Anenih had the 8th most sacks in the country, averaging 2 a game and I most certainly expect him to sack Fine a few times. Our nickel Stuard is great with short range passes and leads our team in tackles.

Overall I expect our superior size, speed and athleticism to overwhelm UNT similar to how Cal and SMU did. 

Coogs win 45-21 and I anticipate a beautiful meltdown on this board when it happens.

Lark: zero receptions through 4 games

Stevenson: 17 catches for 234 yards and 3 TD's

Bradley: 3 receptions for 31 yards and 0 TD's

Porter: 47 for 282 rushing through 4 games

Carr: 26 for 146 rushing through 4 games

Your defense gives up points to everyone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, CK4 said:

You’ve just painted - beautifully, I might add - an impressive portrait of tangibles. I swear I had to double check that y’all aren’t 4-0.

but here you are at 1-3 and you don’t have your two best players.

best case scenario, y’all are very much unknown.

worst case scenario, y’all are a house of cards about to be blown over by the whirlwind  of intangibles going on right now.

this Saturday will be very telling.

35-17 Mean Green victory. Bye Felicia.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CK4 said:

Well I do agree with this, but the O line is definitely not 2X bigger than our D line. Also your so called defense has given up 500+ yards a game, and like 380 to PVAMU. Yes we gave up a bit to ACU. 

Not to mention that yall have scored like 30 points in the 2nd half through 4 games. The most was to OU in garbage time. 

To win games you have to be metally tough and be able to win in all 4 quarters. 

With that being said, UNT 41 UH 35 OT

More variability than usually at this time of the season, due to UHs antics. I am going with the team that finally had a completely satisfying win last week, over the one who can't tell when the opponent is or isn't kneeling.

That said I think due to NT not knowing what UH brings and UH probably being much more pass first than so far, I think UH might score about 17 in the first quarter. From there on NT will give up the usual 3 points.

NT 30 UH 20.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

I don't like this match up. (I mean I can't wait to watch the game but I don't like everything that's surrounding it)

Yes, their best player is gone...but they are talented. I don't like the opinion of UNT should win easily since King is gone. I don't like the 10 point swing in the point spread. And I hate to say it....but Littrell hasn't done well in games we don't have a superior talent advantage on. He crushes those teams....but sometimes you have to out coach the more talented team you're facing.....(and make no mistake, they are more talented) If we lose this game...it won't look good on Littrell IMHO.

He did beat Arkansas which had more talent. But they were a train wreck. My question is: is Houston a train wreck? Can Littrell's staff out coach Holgerson's staff?

We're going to have to call a good game on both sides of the ball and not make mistakes. I do like how our OLine is gelling. That's going to be the key in my mind.

We have to get off to a fast start and punch them and keep punching. I think if we do that...they'll quit.

Our team seems to be gelling and I think Houston is a train wreck. And we're at Apogee.

UNT 34

UH 24

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Daddy Dumpsalot said:

UNT: 17

Houston: 38

Honestly, this could be the score either way.

If Tune and his receivers are on, we will get beat pretty easily. If they aren’t, and Fine is back to being himself, we can win this easily. The defense has to prove that they can slow down a decent passing game. Up to this point, that hasn’t happened. 

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Honestly, this could be the score either way.

If Tune and his receivers are on, we will get beat pretty easily. If they aren’t, and Fine is back to being himself, we can win this easily. The defense has to prove that they can slow down a decent passing game. Up to this point, that hasn’t happened. 

It has, just not in 2 quarters of total football (1st Q of SMU & 1st Q of Cal).   And I think that has to do with mental prep, not ability.  Once the defense settled down, they were good.   If Houston doesn't get at least 2 TDs in the first quarter... it's over.