CBSSN Facebook

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Stop short-changing Silver.   He has nicer stuff than that!!

...His has the Stereo/record player built in.
mid-century-media-console-before-victrol

Ours (my parents) had a lighter wood cabinet, and it was a 25" Admiral.

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

My grandmother had one with a reel-to-reel if I am remembering correctly. 

defb26e260cf9a65088aaeb1606f9f78.jpg

Stix is right.....whoa!  Your Grandmother had it going on.  It looks like your grandmother could borrow albums from her friends and record them on reel-to-reel.  Those R to R's could hold hours of music on one reel. With vinyl making a come back, this setup is still pretty relevant. All the really cool music aficionados of those days (50's/60's/70's) had stereo R to R's.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think our conference commissioner has done a mediocre job, but anyone who thinks someone else would have got us a traditional tv deal that paid us and let us stay on Saturday is delusional.

Is it worth being on ESPN if we have to pay production costs (net loss) and had to play on Wednesday and maybe Tuesday nights?  Conference ADs didn't think it was and I have to agree with them.

Now could someone get us better streaming deals? Possibly.

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Ours (my parents) had a lighter wood cabinet, and it was a 25" Admiral.

Stix is right.....whoa!  Your Grandmother had it going on.  It looks like your grandmother could borrow albums from her friends and record them on reel-to-reel.  Those R to R's could hold hours of music on one reel. With vinyl making a come back, this setup is still pretty relevant. All the really cool music aficionados of those days (50's/60's/70's) had stereo R to R's.   

I still have my reel to reel (Teac).  Old technology for sure but comes in handy.

18 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I think our conference commissioner has done a mediocre job, but anyone who thinks someone else would have got us a traditional tv deal that paid us and let us stay on Saturday is delusional.

Is it worth being on ESPN if we have to pay production costs (net loss) and had to play on Wednesday and maybe Tuesday nights?  Conference ADs didn't think it was and I have to agree with them.

I think that THIS game should've been on the national station. I really don't care about the rest of the C-USA games (maybe LT or UAB or USM) on the national channel. 

At the same time, I do agree with you on the money part, but I would NEVER want to play on a Tuesday. 

• Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I get it though.. I wish I could flip on local channel and ESPN and watch a local team.. Instead of some big wig football program who nobody cares for in the DFW area.. But it is what it is I guess... 

If only you could hoop on the your nearest highway and get to a Stadium hosting a game right next the split of I-35E and I-35W in under an hour.  

“Local Fans” have nothing to complain about when we can’t sellout a 30k seat stadium.  (Worse when you consider current students spot us over 5,000 towards a sellout).

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I agree with Cerebus! 

By the way, a poster earlier suggested his guess that the game be aired anyplace that would take it. No one, certainly no one with inside information, suggested the game time was moved to accommodate Facebook!

I still think streaming of sports is going to be more common in the future. Yesterday I was reading DirectTV is thinking of dropping NFL Ticket or at least dropping their exclusive rights to it as they are losing too much money to make it work. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NT91 said:

FAcebook is very bad feed

I had the same problem initially; I am guessing you have the wrong unofficial feed where they want you to use their random off FB link.

Instead, search "UNT Houston" (with out the " " and nothing else and a link with about 4k watching should show up that works great for me.

the others did not.

• Upvote 1