CBSSN Facebook

Okay, I know this has been addressed several times, but I really think we should've been on the actual CBSSN TV spot. The games on the network are, Western Michigan at Central Michigan 11:00, Georgia Tech at Temple 2:30, and Colorado State at Utah State 6:00. 

Really none of those games would be worth watching (also considering GT lost to The Citadel lol) 

Yes I know we are 2-2 and UH is 1-3 and they lost King, but overall this match is tons better than watching sorry Colorado State get hammered by USU. Should be a big crowd against good teams, so why not put us on the main channel!

Also not to mention this TV deal Judy has put together is sh*t, and its getting worse every year. Yes the US is turning to streaming a bit, but having most of your games on Stadium and Facebook is just bad.

Okay the complaining is over😂

#FIREJUDY #BEATHOUSTON GMG

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

And so is Houston ... so that leaves two non-garbage teams to put on TV. One was a Top 25 last year and the other is 2-2 and was beaten into pulp by that top 25 team in a bowl game. 

Anyhow - with that said - 7pm kickoff is a beat down. All this talk about MWC timezone NOT being friendly to us -- and we are playing later than their TV game. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:01 AM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

And so is Houston ... so that leaves two non-garbage teams to put on TV. One was a Top 25 last year and the other is 2-2 and was beaten into pulp by that top 25 team in a bowl game. 

Anyhow - with that said - 7pm kickoff is a beat down. All this talk about MWC timezone NOT being friendly to us -- and we are playing later than their TV game. 

Well, not all of them.

One TV of their TV games starts a half hour before ours, one the same time, and one later.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Wouldn't more people have access to Facebook then a cable tv channel?  So why would we want our game shown on a media source that fewer people have access to?  

I wish it were about what we want.

my guess? We were not being picked up by a major network, so Judy agreed to whatever offer came her way and the network gets to choose as the season unfolds which avenue (TV/Stream/etc) they will air the game.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MrAlien said:

Wouldn't more people have access to Facebook then a cable tv channel?  So why would we want our game shown on a media source that fewer people have access to?  

I want to be able to record the game. Our school moved the game to 7:00 so that it could be streamed on Facebook? Wow, great move.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

I wish it were about what we want.

my guess? We were not being picked up by a major network, so Judy agreed to whatever offer came her way and the network gets to choose as the season unfolds which avenue (TV/Stream/etc) they will air the game.

#firejudy

25 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Well swell. I would much prefer to watch a replay on my 55" TV........like a real College program.

Get a chromecast or roku and you be able to watch on your TV. Not sure how old your tv is, but most tv's nowadays have this casting feature off your phone built in the tv itself. I just accept it as the future of watching sports. 

Facebook Watch is an app you can download on smart tv. Pretty much as easy as using a any other streaming service, 

I get it though.. I wish I could flip on local channel and ESPN and watch a local team.. Instead of some big wig football program who nobody cares for in the DFW area.. But it is what it is I guess... 

Edited by GreenTexan13

11 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Well swell. I would much prefer to watch a replay on my 55" TV........like a real College program.

It’s called an HDMI cable. Super easy to connect from your computer with one. That is what I do from 10 time zones away.

Granted, an older computer might not have an HDMI port, but there likely exists an adapter. We had to get one for my wife’s laptop but it was an easy fix. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I pull it up on my phone and chromecast it. 

I got a Chromecast and Roku for Christmas and has changed everything in my home.  Now I plan on buying an Apple TV one day.

Chromecast is a one time hardware buy. You buy it, hook up up to your tv and setup the WIFI connection and BOOM! That’s it. No subscription services. Most mobile phones and tablets can then stream media to your TV. The WIFI connection is made via the Chromecast, not the TV.

Edited by greenminer

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Stop short-changing Silver.   He has nicer stuff than that!!

...His has the Stereo/record player built in.

with the optional 8-track.