Dana Holgerson/D'Eriq King/Keith Corbin Red Shirt Press Conference

Talon90

12 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

We can all thank these assholes when the NCAA gets rid of this well-intentioned rule for next season. Then everyone has to go back to faking injuries for a medical redshirt. 

Agreed.

Maybe the rule should only apply to freshmen...which would seem to be the original intent anyway.

• Upvote 6

I listened to all 3 speak. The biggest contradiction I see is Holgorsen calling those saying he is giving up on the season as “nonsense” when clearly putting his best team on the field in 2019 is not the top priority. Also when asked if his record was different would he be redshirting these players, he said “we can use common sense.” Clearly some contradictions.

• Upvote 3

This will kill team chemistry.  As someone mentioned, what if Tune ends up having a great year and they plug King right back in to start next year.  Tune, if he is smart, will walk.  Same for whoever takes Corbin's spot.  King is a captain of this team and puts his supposed selfish desires ahead of the teams.  That is not what a captain/leader does.  Holgorsen has been put in a tough situation.  Guess we will see who is really running the show down in the Third Ward as this plays out.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

King would have to graduate to transfer and have immediate eligibility.

King would also have to say he plans to return to UH to get his tuition paid this spring so he can graduate.

Will he stay, I don't know, but the father has previously implied something before he was coached with the revised version of events.

I hope King stays at Houston, and I hope others schools are penalized severely if they have had contact with him or his family prior to any official announcement of intention to transfer.

Strictly hypothetical - but what if Oklahoma or Florida State started cherry picking other schools star players using this method?

11 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If?

I figured this is exactly what and who is pulling the strings on this one.

Could be, but pure speculation and of course,  hypothetical here....

Kendal Briles (born November 10, 1982) is an American football coach. He is currently the offensive coordinator of the Florida State Seminoles.

In January 2018, Briles became the new assistant head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterbacks coach at his alma mater, the University of Houston.[5] He resigned this position on December 22, 2018.[6]

In December 2018, Briles became the new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach under Willie Taggart at Florida State University.

Unless, of course, Kendall's squeaky clean character is entirely above reproach.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I would love to see the NCAA's reaction.....

It just seems, from the initial proclamation from the father, that somebody has been tampering with Houston's active roster players. A school representative cannot contact a player or his family until that player has made himself available in the transfer portal.The dad sure seemed to be secure that there was another school wanting his son's services, and knew of other players that school wanted.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

It just seems, from the initial proclamation from the father, that somebody has been tampering with Houston's active roster players. A school representative cannot contact a player or his family until that player has made himself available in the transfer portal.The dad sure seemed to be secure that there was another school wanting his son's services, and knew of other players that school wanted.

I agree.  And King saying his Dad's words were taken out of context is rich considering it was his Dad's tweet.

• Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, Talon90 said:

2019 and 2020 Non-Conf UH Schedule and Current American West Standings:

20190925_194403.jpg

20190925_194423.jpg

King was too scared to go head-to-head with Mason Fine that he will get shown up so he wants to have another crack at us next year at home without Fine. Clever

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1