Chad Morris in trouble?

Coach Andy Mac

Chad Morris needs to be in trouble. He was a poor hire and he has went on to prove that. 

Some Razorback fans think that SMU's surge is attributed to Morris' recruiting. There may be a sliver of truth to that, but there are a lot of freshmen and transfers as major contributors to their best start in almost 40 years. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

He is 18-34 as a HC. In 4 full seasons, one was a winning record. He was 7-5 his last SMU season. 4-4 in conference play.

To be fair June Jones didnt leave him with much. He improved SMU year over year. Arkansas wont fire him, they're already on the hook to pay Bielema, why would you pay 3 coaches at the same time? 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Seth Littrell and Jimmy Sexton are both going to be Woo-Pig-Sooie'd hard after this season. This is the type of job that fits him perfectly for the future. Close to Oklahoma, replace a coach who has paved the way for changes to an offensive style like his, and has lots of cash...

Indeed. It's probably closer to his old stomping grounds than we are in Denton as well. 

21 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Seth Littrell and Jimmy Sexton are both going to be Woo-Pig-Sooie'd hard after this season. This is the type of job that fits him perfectly for the future. Close to Oklahoma, replace a coach who has paved the way for changes to an offensive style like his, and has lots of cash...

I highly doubt Arkansas goes to the same well they plucked Morris from: (hotshot ACC offensive coordinator makes his way to the DFW area to coach a G5 school).   Too bad for Seth here, because it would probably be a good fit for him, as you say.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

It has been told to me, by someone close to the situation,  that Seth only covets two jobs: Oklahoma and Arkansas.  That said, if Arkansas was to do something crazy and fire Morris I tend to think they will only pursue a big name hire.  

Curious, but who is available that would be a big name hire?  Outside of drawing Stoops or Meyer out of retirement, I can't think of anyone that is "big name" and available.  Wait, they could try to entice an alum off his boat in Florida. Jimmy J could dock his boat on one of those Ozark lakes.😂

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Curious, but who is available that would be a big name hire?  Outside of drawing Stoops or Meyer out of retirement, I can't think of anyone that is "big name" and available.  Wait, they could try to entice an alum off his boat in Florida. Jimmy J could dock his boat on one of those Ozark lakes.😂

Harbaugh might be available

I knew Morris was in trouble the second he offered Hicks a scholarship. 

He wanted Buechele, but Shane decided to come home and play for Sonny.    I'm not that familiar with Starkel, but when Hicks, who is not now and never was an SEC quarterback, beat him out for the starting job going into the season I knew he had a smoking hole at QB, something you can't have in the SEC. 

Still believed they would beat SJSU, though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

He should get a third year, but  must show major improvement. I think he has recruited well, but that all goes away if prospects think 2020 is his last year .Arkansas has become another Tennessee. With so much money involves and fan pressure to win "now", 5 year contracts are in fact only for 2 to 3 years.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

If you are an Old Miss , Tennesee, or Arkansas you better go after someone out of the Box! The Pirate.

Tennessee did just that, two years ago, as hey agreed to hire Mike Leach, and then their AD got ousted by Phillip Fulmer and his allies, who then hired Jeremy Pruitt as their head coach...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1