After Kansas Receives NCAA Notice Of Allegations, Louisville, Other Schools Expected To Be Next

Harry

Now that Kansas has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, other schools including Louisville are expected to be up next –- potentially before the college basketball season is set to begin Nov. 5.

That, in turn, could cast another dark cloud over college basketball throughout the 2019-20 season.

“It’s probably in the NCAA’s best interest to get out the notices before the Nov. 5 season start,” one legal source familiar with the college basketball trials and NCAA decision-making told me.

A second legal source who has been involved in the college basketball bribery trials said he expected more schools to be hit with Notice of Allegations going into 2020.

“I would expect a slow roll out by the NCAA,” said the second legal source. That source said more schools will likely be named “over the next few weeks” and “then some time in early 2020 you’ll see [other schools] hit with charges.”

read more: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2019/09/23/after-kansas-receives-ncaa-notice-of-allegations-louisville-other-schools-expected-to-be-next/#aa0466849418

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Nothing will happen to KU

Or Louisville or any of the other name programs which is what is wrong with the NCAA.  They have no backbone.  If this was us, we would be set up as an example.  The NCAA has become a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Or Louisville or any of the other name programs which is what is wrong with the NCAA.  They have no backbone.  If this was us, we would be set up as an example.  The NCAA has become a joke.

Agreed. While I support KU, the phrase "Too Big to Fail" is relevant for this issue

• Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They should make an example out of one of the "blue bloods."  Oh, and there isn't such a thing as being too big too fail unless those that should be monitoring the programs don't have the backbone.

Exactly. You just said that the NCAA has no backbone. And if they are going to "make an example" of KU, where's the evidence they did anything wrong in the first place? Hearsay about a third party guardian accepting money a player may or may not have known about? Good luck with that as your evidence. At worst, De Souza is not eligible to play and just goes on to the NBA and KU loses a scholarship or 2. Nothing will happen to them. Unless you happen to have evidence more than just hearsay that officials and the NCAA don't know about? 

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Accusations against players or administrators that either never played for KU or are no longer associated with the university. Sounds about right for the NCAA where the only consistency is inconsistency. The basis for this is weak at best, and they only come off as trying to clear up a shitstorm they allowed to happen due to their incompetence. The football player Preston never played for the school, De Souza was sat for the entire year after reports came out, cleared BY the NCAA to continue playing, then the NCAA come back and try to do it all over again. The accusations are also coming from the Duke assistant where the player went to Duke instead of KU.  As I said before, hearsay and no first-hand evidence. Depending on whatever clauses and agreements the NCAA have with schools, I hope KU goes after them with everything they've got. Even when they get cleared of this in a few months time, it's difficult to wash off that stank so I really hope they go after them with everything they've got. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...