Jeff Wilson finding pay dirt

meangreenacct

13 hours ago, H-towngreen said:

Amazing that he’s a short yardage back. I never considered him that type of rb.

That's what I thought. Then I saw a play of him last year against the Seahawks(?), where he destroyed the defender, ran over him like he wasn't even there, and almost obliterated the guy's neck, and social media exploded about what a violent runner he is and knew he could do something like that at this level. 

He was always making the effort for yards after contact when he was at UNT, sometimes losing the ball in the process. I think the niners have found a good niche for him, although I think they can coach better ball security, and have a good all purpose back further down the road.

I think his family is a big factor in his success; his mother and father were very noticeable at games in Denton supporting him.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

Chew em up and spit em out.  Save your money, invest wisely Mr. Wilson - the NFL is typically a young mans game, barring a few exceptions.  Especially as a short yardage bruiser.  Prep for longitivtiy. 

So true. I've always thought that because of his style of running, he was going to have a very limited career in the NFL.

We currently have in Tre Siggers, Jeff Wilson #2. Only Siggers is better built (5'8" X 200) for that style of running.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

So true. I've always thought that because of his style of running, he was going to have a very limited career in the NFL.

We currently have in Tre Siggers, Jeff Wilson #2. Only Siggers is better built (5'8" X 200) for that style of running.

I love Siggers as much as the next guy, but I've already seen him billed on here as Patrick Cobbs #2 and Jeff Wilson #2.    These are two of the best running backs to ever come through North Texas.   

Siggers has played 1/3 of a season...
Let's put the brakes on those comparisons and see how he develops.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I love Siggers as much as the next guy, but I've already seen him billed on here as Patrick Cobbs #2 and Jeff Wilson #2.    These are two of the best running backs to ever come through North Texas.   

Please re-read. All I'm saying is that his style is pretty much the same as Wilson, but he's better built for that style of running.

Just now, SilverEagle said:

Please re-read. All I'm saying is that his style is pretty much the same as Wilson, but he's better built for that style of running.

35 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I read correctly.  That's a very point-blank statement.
Maybe you're going for, "Tre Siggers' running style reminds me of Jeffrey Wilson."?

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think his body type and style is halfway between Cobbs and Jeff. I don’t think it’s premature to say that.