North Texas underdog vs Houston

Harry

As a Joe College FB Fan I still go into the UH game thinking we’re the underdog.  We are not considered an established juggernaut yet.

Once again...UH recruits at an AAC level & as a former member of the SWC which means something to some out there. Seems we don’t recruit at that level—yet.  Signs indicate we may be getting closer to it. 

After reading UH’s fan forum it appears that next year they will have a whole host of impressive transfers who will be elgible which may cause some to wonder why UH (like another AAC school) didn’t go the “immediately eligible”  transfer rout?  

Is the AAC the only G5 conference whose discovered the joy of having an almost entire recruiting class of portal transfers ready to play without delay?  This can’t possibly  be a practice that will ever be popular with Texas HS football coaches but moreso—their Friday Night Hero products or....does it really matter?

GMG.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

Well now if we win it is because King is not there but if we lose it will look really bad for us.  I was looking at Tune's brief numbers and they look pretty good.  He didn't seem to be a running qb from his limited stats.  We can't overlook him and he might be a better passing QB than King.   We can't take these guys lightly.  

On the transfer thing it will hurt college football and players in the long run.  A players scholarship can be pulled so if Texas wants a player from a P6 school they can pull the scholarship from one of the players to give to another.  Or give them the speech you will never play here so get out.

On the other side look at SMU, they found players that are good but played behind better players.  So you can get players wanting to play.  So you recruit high schools and the transfer portal.   To be able to walk away during the season seems wrong to me.  They should have to announce before the season or after the season but not while the season is going on.  Will King now have to pay for his classes this semester?  I think the receiver that left in the same manner was their leading pass catcher.

Oh yeah, I was really happy to be so far off on the attendance numbers last week. So all my down voters I was glad you were right and I was wrong.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 4