Tre Siggers

greenminer

What makes him special is his leverage and weight. He's a ball of muscle mass that runs dang hard. 

The win yesterday, regardless of opponent, was the best overall W in the Littrell era. They didn't play great, offensively (even with 500 yards of O), but they chipped away and imposed their will to 45 points. Defensively, they bent and held all game long. It's one thing to be bending all of the time and slipping up here and there, but they bent and held all game. Great W. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

We were talking about Siggers last night.  I wondered why he was a DB last season.  He played running back in high school and someone decided to move him.  According to the article on him earlier in the season, RB is his natural position. Why the coaches didn’t see that, I don’t understand.

GO MEAN GREEN

2 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

We were talking about Siggers last night.  I wondered why he was a DB last season.  He played running back in high school and someone decided to move him.  According to the article on him earlier in the season, RB is his natural position. Why the coaches didn’t see that, I don’t understand.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I like what A.J. Hawk said last night about all the running backs - they all run every time like it might be the last time they get the ball.

Think we need to give a lot of credit to Coach Cobbs

This might be a bit stupid, but what Cobbs has done in a short amount of time is tremendous and I think he is a better overall RB coach than Choice. Yes the players and I loved Choice, but Cobbs is doing a great job so early

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

This might be a bit stupid, but what Cobbs has done in a short amount of time is tremendous and I think he is a better overall RB coach than Choice. Yes the players and I loved Choice, but Cobbs is doing a great job so early

I love Cobbs too, but have we seen improvements in the running game across the board or are the running game improvements this really about the emergence of Siggers?

question, no answer

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I love Cobbs too, but have we seen improvements in the running game across the board or are the running game improvements this really about the emergence of Siggers?

question, no answer

I also think that one of the best linemen, Woodsworth has been injured and his return could be a part of it.

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

One of the coaches mentioned in a video that his lean/pad level is what makes him difficult to tackle.  He is all shoulder pads and knees coming at you.  He doesn't give you much of a target to hit.  Plus he runs dang hard.

I think you nailed it. He runs with intensity. He’s looking for daylight, but not afraid to put his head down. He’s fun to watch. GMG!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Felozano said:

I think you nailed it. He runs with intensity. He’s looking for daylight, but not afraid to put his head down. He’s fun to watch. GMG!

Very reminiscent of Jeff.... Not the same body type really, but both run hard, can change direction on a dime, hit the proper hole & that burst 👀... neither are track stars but football fast... there’s no doubt we’ve been spoiled by great RB play for the better part of the 2000’s..

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes.. my dad and I were talking about the same thing... this kid is a beast.  How they whiffed on that I dont get.... I wonder what kind of size he put on in the offseason.  Maybe he just needed his body to catch up to he ability?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Yes.. my dad and I were talking about the same thing... this kid is a beast.  How they whiffed on that I dont get.... I wonder what kind of size he put on in the offseason.  Maybe he just needed his body to catch up to he ability?

Rivals and the recruiting services can’t measure desire.  This kid has it times 10!

19 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

I saw Siggers playing RB as a true freshman in some games here. I thought he had potential, (as did Evan Johnson) but he didn't jump out at me like he did this spring. The first scrimmage that I attended, they gave him the ball and I thought "Damn, who is that guy?". Besides changing numbers from 6 to 15, he obviously got himself (mentally and physically) ready in the off season to take it to another level. That and perhaps he watched a lot of Devin Singletary highlights.

I would like to see Siggers get 20 carries a game until the D shows they can stop him.     Give Torrey about 5 carries and use him more in the passing game (screens).

I am not trying to slant Torrey, who is a fine back.   But, he is either feast or famine compared to Siggers.   DeAndre gets caught for losses or no gain a lot (like last year), which puts us in a lot of 2nd or 3rd and long situations.

Siggers is just special.  Keep feeding him the ball.

3 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

I also wonder if the year at DB lit a fire. Sometimes you don’t know how much you love something until it’s taken away from you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's crazy that a guy like Loren Easley can be relegated to 3rd string, and Nic Smith is your 4th string!!

Yeah, I like both of these guys.  I suspect they'll keep a positive outlook and stay ready since an injury can happen any time.  I hope the coaches are able to get all of them some carries in every game.

20 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He honestly reminds me of Devin Singletary from FAU. Singletary was about 5'9" 200 lbs. Siggers is 5'8" and 200 lbs. He's just as punishing and aggressive of a runner as i remember Singletary being. The same reasons Singletary gave the conference fits are the same reasons Siggers tortures the conference during his career. If he continues like this, expect great things in college and at the NFL level.

I'm very excited about Siggers being in green. 

Great analogy!

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He honestly reminds me of Devin Singletary from FAU. Singletary was about 5'9" 200 lbs. Siggers is 5'8" and 200 lbs. He's just as punishing and aggressive of a runner as i remember Singletary being. The same reasons Singletary gave the conference fits are the same reasons Siggers tortures the conference during his career. If he continues like this, expect great things in college and at the NFL level.

I'm very excited about Siggers being in green. 

Agree with this....and I'll tell you who else he reminds me of....Adrian Peterson (although not as tall)

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1