DRC: UNT-UTSA coverage

Brett Vito

DRC: UNT dominates UTSA in Conference USA opener, gets back on track after tough stretch

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/football-mean-green-steamroll-utsa-ito-open-conference-play/article_8494f047-0a99-5e65-be9d-e9cde1338917.html

Notebook: Littrell acknowledges wide receiver Rico Bussey Jr. is out for the year, talks about adjusting

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/football-bussey-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/article_1d1d06ae-ca34-5ff5-80ae-6af2ef10ef16.html

Edited by Brett Vito
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Anyone see how their player got injured? He dropped the ball, I turn my head, he's down. I didn't see anyone touch him.. he was out of bounds. I didn't see it.

Can find any update on him either.

17 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Anyone see how their player got injured? He dropped the ball, I turn my head, he's down. I didn't see anyone touch him.. he was out of bounds. I didn't see it.

Can find any update on him either.

Lemasters was covering him, I believe, wrapped him up just after the ball got there and the momentum took them both to the ground and out of bounds.  Nothing spectacular, just a tackle with Lemasters landing on him and rolling off.  The UTSA player...I didn't catch his number...never moved once he hit the ground.  He just laid motionless on the sidelines.  Scary.  I hope he's OK.

Actually, the player landed on Lemasters and rolled off of him.  He was moving his legs while laying there, so that was a good sign.  It was really odd, because even there bench looked at him like they were waiting for him to get up.  Hope he is alright and all the work was just a precaution.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, keith said:

Lemasters was covering him, I believe, wrapped him up just after the ball got there and the momentum took them both to the ground and out of bounds.  Nothing spectacular, just a tackle with Lemasters landing on him and rolling off.  The UTSA player...I didn't catch his number...never moved once he hit the ground.  He just laid motionless on the sidelines.  Scary.  I hope he's OK.

Lemasters really didn't need to make that tackle, but he was trailing the TE and couldn't see that it was incomplete (might have had his head down trying to catch up). So he fully wrapped him up and brought him down.  But honestly, it wasn't a violent collision or anything. Perhaps when he rolled over, he injured his neck by twisting it somehow?