Ilhan Omar is not anti-Semitic

So Skipper has opened up about his political views and perhaps, his personal feelings. No surprise where he stands. Even though I disagree with most everything he puts out, it his opinion and i'm OK with that. 

Might I recommend this - Judge the person for what they do, not how your perceive their "opponents" to act. To even try and imply she is not anti- Israel is asinine. She has not even tried to hide her hate for Israel. Don't try and uplift or justify a person to make your beliefs validated.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So Skipper has opened up about his political views and perhaps, his personal feelings. No surprise where he stands. Even though I disagree with most everything he puts out, it his opinion and i'm OK with that. 

Might I recommend this - Judge the person for what they do, not how your perceive their "opponents" to act. To even try and imply she is not anti- Israel is asinine. She has not even tried to hide her hate for Israel. Don't try and uplift or justify a person to make your beliefs validated.

My man, “Skipper” is a bot that brings NT Daily articles over to gmg.com.   You’re getting bent out of shape about an opinion piece of a NT journalism student... what were you expecting?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

And some want to lower the voting age to 16.

if you're old enough to contribute to the tax roll, you're old enough to have a voice in where and how your money is spent.

plus, this 18-22 year old is right...so...

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 7

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Thought a reply from me might draw a response from you.  So predictable.

were you at least appreciating the irony of this comment while you typed it? 

I have already stated a pretty similar opinion to the author on Omar, so didn't feel a need to contribute much more than that. 

you were the one who decided to take it in a different direction and voice an opinion that was basically stating young people shouldn't have the same voice in representative politics that you do. I disagree. I feel that if you're old enough to be taxed and old enough to be subjected to our laws than you ought to have some voice in the process. I can't see how having more people engaged in a political process can be a bad thing...

unless maybe if I held regressive political ideologies that I knew were not shared by the majority of the voting public. then I could see supporting active disenfranchisement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

unless maybe if I held regressive political ideologies that I knew were not shared by the majority of the voting public. then I could see supporting active disenfranchisement. 

So you are sure your political ideologies are shared by the majority of the voting public?  Okay.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Still hard to fathom how some people are unable to tell the difference between disliking a foreign government and hating Jewish people, but here we are.

Man... don't I know it. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

So you are sure your political ideologies are shared by the majority of the voting public?  Okay.

that's not what I said, actually. (though...65,853,514 > 62,984,828)

I said the only rationale I could see for limiting the voting rolls would be if one thought that adding more voices was potentially harmful to their control on power. 

care to refute?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

that's not what I said, actually. (though...65,853,514 > 62,984,828)

I said the only rationale I could see for limiting the voting rolls would be if one thought that adding more voices was potentially harmful to their control on power. 

care to refute?

The only rationale?  How about not being old enough to make a mature decision?  How about being at an age where they are still living under their parent's roof and rules because they, or the majority of them, aren't ready to walk out the door and support themselves?  

Your statement was "if you are old enough to contribute to the tax roll, then you're old enough to have a voice in where and how your money is spent."  The voting age is there for a reason and it isn't to "control power," as you state.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, UNTLifer said:

The only rationale?  How about not being old enough to make a mature decision?  How about being at an age where they are still living under their parent's roof and rules because they, or the majority of them, aren't ready to walk out the door and support themselves?  

Your statement was "if you are old enough to contribute to the tax roll, then you're old enough to have a voice in where and how your money is spent."  The voting age is there for a reason and it isn't to "control power," as you state.

I see an adult American culture that prefers American Idol, McDonalds, and the 0.99 mobile app that makes fart noises.

I want every decision made to be mature, but it’s not happening.  Where should the age limit be set?

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, greenminer said:

I see an adult American culture that prefers American Idol, McDonalds, and the 0.99 mobile app that makes fart noises.

I want every decision made to be mature, but it’s not happening.  Where should the age limit be set?

It is good where it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1