***Official UTSA vs. UNT In-Game Discussion***

Harry

17 minutes ago, NT91 said:

Will Houston be favored?

I'm doubtful on that. After their performance Thursday and the MG's performance tonight, I don't see how NT goes into that game as the underdog.

Good win tonight. Hope that last injury to the UTSA player isn't super serious. That looked really worrisome.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

I'm doubtful on that. After their performance Thursday and the MG's performance tonight, I don't see how NT goes into that game as the underdog.

Good win tonight. Hope that last injury to the UTSA player isn't super serious. That looked really worrisome.

The amount of time they took to get him on the stretcher, how cautious they were in doing so, zero movement from the player, not even a thumb up, and the way thr trainer ran to the NT sideline make me think it's serious and not just an abundance of caution. 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

The amount of time they took to get him on the stretcher, how cautious they were in doing so, zero movement from the player, not even a thumb up, and the way thr trainer ran to the NT sideline make me think it's serious and not just an abundance of caution. 

I hate that.  Truly a odd play. Watching the replay a number of times, nothing stood out  that would make you think he was injured.  I hope he is alright and that all of the time they took with him was just precaution.  I never heard an update on his condition.  Scary stuff.  My thoughts and prayers are with that young man.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Alumni side has looked weak for the last two home games 

Roll your eyes like a 13 year old girl, I don’t care. You know why I lost it...because people are quick to blame students for not showing up to games. Well guess what! Students show up and the alumni have been absent. So go ahead and roll your eyes at that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I hate that.  Truly a odd play. Watching the replay a number of times, nothing stood out  that would make you think he was injured.  I hope he is alright and that all of the time they took with him was just precaution.  I never heard an update on his condition.  Scary stuff.  My thoughts and prayers are with that young man.

I never saw what happened. I really hope I'm wrong, but he didn't even give a thumbs up.  I haven't heard anything, which scares me even more. So unless they said something during the post game, I'm afraid it's not good. 

Edited by Rudy

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Now I heard from someone that a UTSA player threw his helmet in the locker room, and it busted a pipe. Costed $1k in damage, and I think they’re paying for it.

Now they need to fire Frank Wilson

Here are some pics of the situation:

Here’s one aspect of the game I liked seeing last night, and I saw glimmers of it last week at Cal as the west coast boys started to waver when we came back on them..

At 8:30 last night it was still a miserable, sticky 88 degrees.  The humidity was over 55% and the heat index was 91 degrees.  So you can only imagine how warm it was on the field.  And yet our guys were swarming and flying to the ball on defense.  The backs were running hard. The O linemen leading around the ends were chugging it, HARD!  WR’s were sprinting running routes and blocking their asses off down field.

This team is physically in good shape.  I’m very impressed with that and it should make a difference come November/December.

Rick

• Upvote 6

I was a little concerned with the three (or more?) empty possessions after our short field TD on the first drive because for once I wanted our team to prove that UTSA did not belong on the same field as them. But thanks again to the defense, who often bent but did not break, kept the Runners scoreless until we got a few more touchdowns on the board.

Happy that Mason did not touch the field in the fourth. If Jason Bean is our guy next year, the athletic department needs to hurry and trademark Magic Bean.

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, Matt from A700 said:

I was a little concerned with the three (or more?) empty possessions after our short field TD on the first drive because for once I wanted our team to prove that UTSA did not belong on the same field as them. But thanks again to the defense, who often bent but did not break, kept the Runners scoreless until we got a few more touchdowns on the board.

Happy that Mason did not touch the field in the fourth. If Jason Bean is our guy next year, the athletic department needs to hurry and trademark Magic Bean.

We finished the half with a good drive for score in 00:26