SMU at TCU

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Well let me put it another way, is it better for us to have lost to a good team or a shitty team? We got blown out by them and we cannot change that.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, a loss is a loss. And a loss to SMUt sucks no matter their record. Them getting ranked does not make it any better in my mind. Just makes it even harder to recruit against them. 

Now, if we are at 12-2 at the end of the year with a conference and bowl championship in our pockets, yes then we can play the "well our only two losses were against good teams" game. 

Until then, it is just a bad "L" in my book. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 3
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Buechele will play at the next level. Great deep ball!

I tried to tell people how damn good he was.  Transferred into Lamar and they were instant hot.  Can you imagine him against high school kids?  Well, he was better than that.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Eppie96 said:

Is Buechele back next year?   If I remember correctly, he only played two years at Texas.  How many of their rental players are one and done?  

My first thought would have been none.

I'm not clear on the details of the transfer rule, but assume it is only applying to those that have graduated.  Don't know how redshirting plays into it.

Given that it's not unheard of for HS students to enter college with > 20hrs of credit (or more) by taking various tests, etc. along with going to class in the summer, I can easily see graduating in 4 years these days.  I guess it's even possible to get done in 3 (I think I saw this mentioned in a recent TV game).  Factor in a RS, and I guess it's possible to have 2 yrs left.  Again, there may be specifics to the rule that I'm not aware of.

Won't be surprised to see Alabama, etc. create some sort of mechanism to take advantage of this in some kind of "gray" area.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SMUleopold said:

Buechele graduated in three years at UT, got redshirted for playing only four games last year and has two years of eligibility, so he's back next year.  In fact, almost all of the transfers have more than one year of eligibility. 

FWIW, Sonny seems have put together a bit of a model here.  The transfers are almost all grad transfers, have at least two years of eligibility left, and mostly come from the DFW area.  Buechele, the two kids from Rice, the Juco OL Hughes, the DB from UCLA who we paired up against Bussey, the LB from Auburn - all are grad transfers who were either passed over on the depth chart or made large contributions to a losing team - Rice - and left when the got the degree.   Only Nelson, the LB, is from outside DFW but even he had graduated and god knows we needed help at LB a couple years ago when we picked him up. 

Congrats on the win yesterday.   Pulling for you the rest of the year. 

Classy Mustang.  👍

I have worked with & hired several SMU alums in the tech school recruiting business I was in for 25 years.  

Full disclosure, all—I was pulling for the ‘Stangs to kick TCU yesterday just as many of you were & just as many of us would have had we beat them 2 yrs in a row (which we did not).🙄

Unless there is a recent update, methinks TCU has dropped SMU from their future Froggy schedule after yesterday.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

I've watched every TCU, SMU and UNT game this season. Watching SMU,  I've noticed they have gotten better in some area every week. A smart and mature UNT fan, will be hoping the Mustangs win as many games as possible. Before we played SMU, most on this board talked about how bad they were, now some of you childish snowflakes, suddenly want to claim they are cheating? 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, dodgefan said:

I've watched every TCU, SMU and UNT game this season. Watching SMU,  I've noticed they have gotten better in some area every week. A smart and mature UNT fan, will be hoping the Mustangs win as many games as possible. Before we played SMU, most on this board talked about how bad they were, now some of you childish snowflakes, suddenly want to claim they are cheating? 

Related image

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 2

The replay of this game is on now.

SMU’s Offense went 65 Yards in 5 plays on the opening drive.  Buechelle’s second pass was a double reverse pass he delivered on a rope to an open RB streaking down the sideline as Buechelle got drilled.

2nd TD they used the swinging gate on the extra point for two.

I know it ended up a close game at the end but in the first quarter SMU looked completely dominant.

The TCU fans had to be thinking like us..Where The F did this team come from?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

On 9/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, dodgefan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8347813

We actually were discussing our resident Houston Cougar troll earlier today, and it is certainly nice to have our little Smoo trolls chime in as well.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2

On 9/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, dodgefan said:

I think the smart and mature UNT fan recognizes that SMU success is not good for UNT recruiting and hence longer term implications to the program. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad