Cal vs Ole Miss

UNTLifer

You have no idea what teams will be this early in the season. Yes, losing to SMU and Cal sucked but how do those loses look if Cal hangs on to this one and SMU ends up beating TCU? Could end up being the 2 best teams you face all year. 

But if we lose to UTSA today.. yeah. There’s no spin to that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Felozano said:

Wow!  They should have reviewed that goaline reception!  Cal escaped. 

I agree. Thought I saw 2 feet in the endzone but he fell funny and his feet didn't look quite down while he was in the air and his knee did land outside. Wild. No one knew what the hell was going on at the end. Well, better for us if Cal keeps winning

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Feeling better about our team....

If the ponies can beat TCU, I'll back off the ledge

Edit: They are scoring at will midway through the first quarter. Just converted a 2 pt try. They look really good. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I agree. Thought I saw 2 feet in the endzone but he fell funny and his feet didn't look quite down while he was in the air and his knee did land outside. Wild. No one knew what the hell was going on at the end. Well, better for us if Cal keeps winning

Feet don’t matter, it depends on if the ball breaks the plane. 

Weaver for Cal was unconscious. Twenty-one tackles with eleven solo. 

• Upvote 1

I find it funny that Ole' Miss is questioning the officiating.  An SEC team got SEC'ed in their own house.  You can't write comedy better than that.  I was surprised to read that the officiating crew was out of the PAC-12, as the article on ESPN stated that it was common for the host team to allow an officiating crew from their opponent's conference.  That never happens when a "G5" plays a "P5."  I do agree with Ole' Miss, but I also love it.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I guess someone forgot to tell Ole Miss that Cal is overrated and doesn’t deserve to be in the top 25.

I still maintain they are not T25. Ol Miss is terrible. Cal is winning ugly and I think they’ll get exposed sooner or later.

i like the program though. Kinda happy to see the attention they’re getting. I just suspect they are more like 30-40.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I still maintain they are not T25. Ol Miss is terrible. Cal is winning ugly and I think they’ll get exposed sooner or later.

i like the program though. Kinda happy to see the attention they’re getting. I just suspect they are more like 30-40.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks they'll go undefeated.  But they're pretty solid this year, and their defense may make them a contender for the Pac-12 North.

They climbed to #16 in this week's Coaches poll.

45 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I don't think anyone seriously thinks they'll go undefeated.  But they're pretty solid this year, and their defense may make them a contender for the Pac-12 North.

They climbed to #16 in this week's Coaches poll.

Just saw the USC-Utah score. Things are getting interesting on the west coast.