Boise State and AFA

untjim1995

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Big MWC game tonight between BSU and AFA in Boise on ESPN2 tonight. So glad we aren’t playing anyone in a league like this that is just so far away and wouldn’t be in the DRC or DMN in the morning. Never have to worry about those pesky newspaper deadlines with good ol’ CUSA!!

I’m pretty sure you have nothing to worry about; albeit I’m still  trying to figure out how we played the Cal Bears with a “3 pm” (CST) kickoff.

And to replace FIU, FAU, Old Dominion,  (hush, hush, sweet) Charlotte with schools who’ve all been Top 25 programs in the past like Boise St.,  Air Force, •San Diego St (the last top ranked school we beat); along with Colorado St., Fresno State, etc. would be so un-North Texas of us to think that progressively so soon.  • The year we beat the #19 ranked SDS Aztecs most of the present CUSA football schools were not playing NCAA D1 FBS football or were not playing football at all.

Hellsbells! We still have another 50 years to celebrate Apogee & the fact that were finally able to flee Fouts Field as our main football digs & not really have to worry about improving our future conference home with more high profile opponents.  That’s the kind of thing Houston & SMU would do.  We’ll just let another UNT administration deal with that kind of timetable some time in the sweet by & by.🙄

This: I agree with a handful of you who have said the  only way we’d ever want to “ go mWESTc, young man” is if about 3 other CUSA schools went with us. You know which schools they would be but meanwhile......I’m still  trying to figure out how we played the PAC 12 Cal Bears with a “3 pm” (CST) kickoff (& then came within a gnat’s whisker of beating that #23 ranked PAC12 school).

Beat UTSA!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

In a given week there would be about a 50/50 chance of playing at a road game at conducive time for folks in Texas.  So there'd probably be about three road games a season that would start in the late hours for NT if we joined MWC as it stands.

For instance this weekend the start times (CDT) are as follows.

2:30pm (1)

3:30pm (1)

6:30pm (1)

7:00pm (1)

9:00pm (1)

9:15pm (1)

9:30pm (1)

11:00pm (1)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Big MWC game tonight between BSU and AFA in Boise on ESPN2 tonight. So glad we aren’t playing anyone in a league like this that is just so far away and wouldn’t be in the DRC or DMN in the morning. Never have to worry about those pesky newspaper deadlines with good ol’ CUSA!!

LaTech and FIU didn't make DMN today and they started at 7pm last night. NT and ACU started 6:30 and didn't make the DMN in most areas ...if that's a top priority then guess CUSA doesn't cut it. It's a no brainer the MWC is a much more competitive conference than CUSA. 

If we were in the MWC I'd be worried about getting a six win season.

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 3