Attendance predictions UTSA

MeanGreen2019

18,511. I hope for a lot more but it might rain and we have two losses might be to much for our fair weathered fans.

Speaking of attendance another school was caught cooking the books on attendances.  They more or less guess at the number of people in the stadium  "because they don't scan tickets because the "wifi is not good at the Stadium".  Even their coach made a joke about the attendance numbers.  The team in question is UNM.  Read an article in the Albuquerque paper about how they count their numbers.  If they give away tickets and no one comes they count the tickets as people being there. Surprised it is not a sell out at all home games for them. It also sounds like they might start having bake sales to support the athletics at UNM.  

They did pick up a big check for their game (well they showed up) with the ND Irish.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

18,511. I hope for a lot more but it might rain and we have two losses might be to much for our fair weathered fans.

Speaking of attendance another school was caught cooking the books on attendances.  They more or less guess at the number of people in the stadium  "because they don't scan tickets because the "wifi is not good at the Stadium".  Even their coach made a joke about the attendance numbers.  The team in question is UNM.  Read an article in the Albuquerque paper about how they count their numbers.  If they give away tickets and no one comes they count the tickets as people being there. Surprised it is not a sell out at all home games for them. It also sounds like they might start having bake sales to support the athletics at UNM.  

They did pick up a big check for their game (well they showed up) with the ND Irish.

dean winchester GIF

Edited by Philip Ferguson
  • Haha 1

It’s not going to be under 20k. It was a bad prediction for acu and it’s a bad prediction now. Weather will be better than August 31st and it’s a conference opponent. I know we follow every game religiously but I think the average student goes to the home games and if we win and they have a good time they’re going to come back regardless of what happened while we were on the road. Student show up big again and alumni will be close. 23,789

• Upvote 2

25k?? Y'all are delirious if you think that happens. We're 1-2 against a bad 1-2 UTSA team, even if the weather is perfect I think 22k at most. After we got throttled by SMU I heard from so many current students & recent alumni they wouldn't come to another game this season. I even went to the Cal game but I'm not driving up for this one.

The playcalling this year is terrible, lost our best WR most likely for the year, & we have one of the worst defenses in the nation. The only positive I've seen this season is our defensive fight the second half of last game (against a terrible Cal offense) & the emergence of Siggers. I've gotta see something impressive this Saturday before I get back on the hype train. Thank goodness C-USA is weaker this year than usual.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 12

On 9/18/2019 at 9:59 AM, TheNewEra said:

25k?? Y'all are delirious if you think that happens. We're 1-2 against a bad 1-2 UTSA team, even if the weather is perfect I think 22k at most. After we got throttled by SMU I heard from so many current students & recent alumni they wouldn't come to another game this season. I even went to the Cal game but I'm not driving up for this one.

The playcalling this year is terrible, lost our best WR most likely for the year, & we have one of the worst defenses in the nation. The only positive I've seen this season is our defensive fight the second half of last game (against a terrible Cal offense) & the emergence of Siggers. I've gotta see something impressive this Saturday before I get back on the hype train. Thank goodness C-USA is weaker this year than usual.

Booooo not a true fan

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Quality fan right here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why in the world would someone go to the Cal game and not a home match unless you live in California?

The SMU game was so bad you won't go to the game, Saturday; but you went to California.  Did you not notice the SMU score before going to California?  

The attendance will depend on the students who had a great turnout against ACU.  I will guess around 24k announced. 

• Upvote 3