SMU vs Cal Poll

FirefightnRick

Cal vs SMU  

77 members have voted

1. 1. We’ve seen them both now. At a neutral site who wins?

• SMU
    • Cal

That’s funny because I feel the Green fans in Ford have such a tense presence. I had heard about that but this was my first smu game in Dallas. The air was thick the trust fund babies were annoying and the whole vibe was off.  I think the team places that same kind of pressure in themselves.

Good news is that I think pony fan who goes to Denton walks in and out with those same feelings. 

GMG

10 minutes ago, oski said:

So smu would beat washington too?  

You have to forgive some folks on here who can only view things through green-tinted glasses, and 'if <XYZ team> beat us embarrassingly, they would likely do the same to everyone else.'

The answer is a resounding "No", and y'all's defense is indeed very good.   Best of luck the rest of the way!  I'll be pulling for y'all.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, oski said:

So smu would beat washington too?  

It’s not unusual for a team to lose one or two games it shouldn’t and, inversely, for a team to win one or two games it normally wouldn’t.

I don’t think it’s that hard.

There is still a ton of football left.  Looking forward to see where y’all stand at the end of November.

• Upvote 1

I like cal and dig their helmets and uniforms big time. However I think smu is the top 25 team, that is about to fall out of that mythical ranking in Fort Worth in a few days. 

Wishing cal the best.  Watched them in Fort Worth against Air Force a few years back. Goff’s senior year i believe. They traveled well and it will be fun to have them in Denton. 

I think their defense can keep them percolating along but their offense is going to stump it’s toe one game or two. I don’t like them but I have to give the edge to Utah who also looks slightly stronger. 

Another weird year in the pac. 

GMG 

• Thanks 1

Just now, agw0038 said:

Cal would beat SMU by 10.

We really layed an egg in that SMU game. smh.

Credit to SMU for improving but they are not that significantly better than us, if at all. 

We will find out how good SMU is as they play the Frogs this weekend.

22 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Possibly..  SMU’s defense is faster than yours and they have a hell of a better offense.

Rick

Don't forget Sunny Dykes used to be Cal's HC, where he produced good to very good O, and atrocious, history-setting bad D. My guess is SMU's pattern under Sonny will probably be the same at Cal: high offensive production overall, with some of the worst defense in the conference.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, FremontBear said:

Don't forget Sunny Dykes used to be Cal's HC, where he produced good to very good O, and atrocious, history-setting bad D. My guess is SMU's pattern under Sonny will probably be the same at Cal: high offensive production overall, with some of the worst defense in the conference.

Didn’t Sonny and Cal almost beat or beat Texas in austin or am I imagining that?  Seems like I recall it was a very exciting finish.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Didn’t Sonny and Cal almost beat or beat Texas in austin or am I imagining that?  Seems like I recall it was a very exciting finish.

Sure, Sonny's Cal team beat Texas, twice! He beat a 5-7 Texas team in 2015, and beat them in 2016, when it accumulated another 5-7 record. You're right the 2015 game in Austin was a thrilling ending.

• Upvote 1