Cal ranked #23 in AP

Felozano

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

As opposed to watching on TV?  Sounds pompous.

I disagree though.   The first 1/3 of the game looked like UNT/SMU 2018.  We could barely even get a 1st down!   
I was about to turn the game off if they punted without getting a 1st down again around mid 2nd quarter.   They went on to finally score a FG, so I kept the game on, and I'm glad I did.  I'm proud of the effort to get back into it, but at no point did I think "We should have won."  ... "We could have won" absolutely crossed my mind, but not should.

Chill, it’s just my opinion.  I can’t help it if you weren’t there.

You do realize we forced TWO field goals in the first half, right? Those were our defense bowing their necks and making stops and getting excited, and in the second half our team conditioning paid off because the California boys started to wilt in the warm afternoon.  (Look back through these pages and see the comments about people who got sunburned.  One of our fan’s wife who lives in California got sick and had to leave due to the heat).

We missed two easy TD’s.  The reason I say easy was because of how the plays developed that I saw from our end zone point of view.  Our recievers the second half on several plays toasted that vaunted, overrated secondary of theirs,...and Abilene Christian has a better offense,...which all together led me to feel we should have won.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2019/9/16/20866701/post-game-thoughts-north-texas

This is the first time Cal has been held below four yards/play by a non power conference school, and there is little evidence to suggest that North Texas will have a defense that is above average nationally.

Ntexasdefense2018.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 7:56 PM, FirefightnRick said:

I can’t help it if you weren’t there.

The reason I say easy was because of how the plays developed that I saw from our end zone point of view.  

Rick

Rick is trying to tell you he is a better fan than you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Cal looking like a pretty good team while on the road at Ole Miss. Currently up 28-13 middle of the third.

Note how they scored more on the road at Ole Miss than on NT when at home.

I’m watching this one too.  The Ole Miss offense is completely overmatched by Weaver & co.

Garbers still looks pedestrian, overall.  He’s mixed some good throws in though.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying California is gonna win the Pac 12 North, but they're definitely better than many on this board thought.  And they're gonna probably be in the Top 25 next week.  Not sure what people meant by they won't last long there, but it'll definitely be at least two weeks if they hold on.

Edited by CMJ
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Cal looks a lot better thus far against Ole MIss away than against NT at home. 

All those insisting Cal is not a good team, may want to re-evaluate. 

No one has ever claimed they’re no good,...just overrated prior to the week before they beat us.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

No one has ever claimed they’re no good,...just overrated prior to the week before they beat us.

Rick

Actually someone did claim they were no good.

A lot of NT fans just say they didn't deserve being rated.  Well, apparently the voters in the polls disagree.  

It just appears to me that some NT fans rather downplay the opponent than giving NT credit for what I feel was a great effort and certainly improvement over the first two games. 

• Upvote 4