UTSA is definitely a Must Win

MeanGreenMachine92

It was too bad the team couldn’t pull off the upset yesterday, but at least they showed some fight. With UTSA coming in town next Saturday, Littrell needs to make sure the team comes out firing on all cylinders. Losing to SMU was bad, especially the way we lost. However, losing to UTSA at home would be way worse. I know UTSA looks better than they did last year. However, there is no reason UNT shouldn’t win this game, especially since it’s at Apogee. The run for the conference championship starts now. 

Edited by MeanGreenMachine92
  • Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Conference USA is bad and UTSA is in the bottom. If we lose this game Seth should be on the hot seat.

I am sure Seth is shaking in his boots.   Not just this post, but I wonder about all these comments relative to changing the coaching staff.

Seth is not going anywhere unless he wants to.   

Get rid of Seth, the offensive and defensive coordinators is a familiar theme by some posters when anything negative happens to the football program.   

The truth is the more Seth loses the more likely he will be here next year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I am sure Seth is shaking in his boots.   Not just this post, but I wonder about all these comments relative to changing the coaching staff.

Get rid of Seth, the offensive and defensive coordinators is a familiar theme by some posters when anything negative happens to the football program.   

If we can’t win CUSA and or a bowl with Mason Fine as a senior, the formula for success doesn’t get any easier next year. If that happens, I’m not calling for SL to be fired, but I certainly won’t be upset to see him leave.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Never said we will lose or Seth should be gone.

But if we do lose that means Seth has a few bad losses, one win over a bad p5, and 0 big wins.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

If we can’t win CUSA and or a bowl with Mason Fine as a senior, the formula for success doesn’t get any easier next year. If that happens, I’m not calling for SL to be fired, but I certainly won’t be upset to see him leave.

Sadly I think the hope of maximizing things with Mason’s senior year diminished after the loss to SMU.  Heisman thing went straight down the commode as did any hopes of G5 respectability.  We still have a shot to finish out and win C-USA which would be nice.

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sadly I think the hope of maximizing things with Mason’s senior year diminished after the loss to SMU.  Heisman thing went straight down the commode as did any hopes of G5 respectability.  We still have a shot to finish out and win C-USA which would be nice.

Absolutely. When we look back on these past two years, we're going to enjoy the total win numbers, but there will always be that thought about "what-if"... It's a damn shame.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Absolutely. When we look back on these past two years, we're going to enjoy the total win numbers, but there will always be that thought about "what-if"... It's a damn shame.

That makes me very sad that there was an opportunity to become a top G5 team, but coaching mistakes have really hurt this season

20 hours ago, Harry said:

REALITY

• Upvote 2

On 9/15/2019 at 7:28 PM, Harry said:

What? Fine never had a chance at being a finalist.  So you think the SMU game made/broke the value of the campaign?

I think, hypothetically, if his stats are 350+/game moving forward, the campaign is still worth it.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1