So an update

oldguystudent

Congratulations to your daughter! I truly believe there are seasons (no pun intended) to our lives that necessitate pulling back on our support financially from our beloved mean green.  

I’m in a similar situation with my family and, it’s funny, we’re in a very similar situation with my son who went up to Ohio to study at a small private school and to play D3 tennis. We also got virtually zero financial assistance but I expected that.  

The only reason we encouraged him to go was the fact that with academic scholarships and tons of AP credits he essentially made his cost pretty (relatively??) close to public school prices.  

I digress... My point is that our family, four kids and all, have been mean green fans for over 20 years and my wife and I will continue to be so for at least the next 20 years.  We had to also drop season tickets for the family but still try to make games when we can.  

We will come back to season tickets when things settle down.  I refuse to let anyone label us as bad fans.  

Go mean green. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/14/2019 at 10:23 PM, oldguystudent said:

Some of you know that I gave up my club seats this year.  

Allow me to explain.  

As things turned out, my kid finished the TAMS program at UNT and was granted admission to this shitty FCS school in Ithaca, NY that happens to be the top rated engineering program in this stupid league they call, what is it?  The Ivy?. 

Well, they wanted a significant amount of money out of me.  Turns out they counted her mother's income (apparently now equal to mine) against me even though her mother has completely cut her off financially.  So I get to write some substantial checks for the next three to four years (depending on how many UNT credits transfer).

I couldn't let my kid forgo this opportunity, so I made sacrifices. 

I still follow the program.  Just from afar for a while. 

if she is going to medical school, this will make ya smile and drink a tasty, refreshing, thirst quenching beer...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/cornell-scholarship-financial-aid-trnd/index.html

edit:  i'm stupid...engineering....well, if she changes her mind...

Edited by THOR