Win out.... Is this season still a disappointment?

p_phelps

I say YES! 

This is THE team to take us over the top. Even if we beat Houston in the win out (Seems HIGHLY doubtful after seeing cal QB run all over us) we still got the doors blown off by cross town rival "daddy's money's team" and lost to a P5 we honestly had no business losing too. ( This game was completely frustrating from the self inflicted wounds). In the long run we win out, win conference in what looks to be extremely weak. What does this accomplish in the grand scheme of UNT planning? We lose our best player since Joe Greene and the best expected offense in school history. Win out and we say can't brag about us like last year. All my buddies went or are fans of P5 schools ( drives me F'ING!! nuts they can be fans of a school they never even applied too and still talk shit to me). Last year I could say we took UA to the woodshed, still heard "oh they suck though" and blah blah blah. WHAT CAN I SAY THIS YEAR? IFFFFF we win out I saw we ran house on a week conference and beat one good team in UH? 

THE team that was to take us to the next level disappointed no matter what happens next. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 30

Last yr’s team was more well rounded and experienced than this team.  I haven’t expected the same things I did last yr.  Blowing it with LT, UAB and ODU was super depressing.  SMU is much improved this yr.  We played awful then and the first half of this one, but winning out from here (as unlikely as that is) would put this up as the greatest year in our history.  2 loss conference champ and bowl winner sounds great to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It’s definitely not a disappointment if we win out or even with a loss to Houston. The team needs to focus on winning conference (which hasn’t happened here in 15 years) and a bowl game. If they do that, it will be a successful year. Until UNT is doing that consistently, then doing that would not be disappointing. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I say YES! 

This is THE team to take us over the top. Even if we beat Houston in the win out (Seems HIGHLY doubtful after seeing cal QB run all over us) we still got the doors blown off by cross town rival "daddy's money's team" and lost to a P5 we honestly had no business losing too. ( This game was completely frustrating from the self inflicted wounds). In the long run we win out, win conference in what looks to be extremely weak. What does this accomplish in the grand scheme of UNT planning? We lose our best player since Joe Greene and the best expected offense in school history. Win out and we say can't brag about us like last year. All my buddies went or are fans of P5 schools ( drives me F'ING!! nuts they can be fans of a school they never even applied too and still talk shit to me). Last year I could say we took UA to the woodshed, still heard "oh they suck though" and blah blah blah. WHAT CAN I SAY THIS YEAR? IFFFFF we win out I saw we ran house on a week conference and beat one good team in UH? 

THE team that was to take us to the next level disappointed no matter what happens next. 

You are a fool

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

No.

If we win the CUSA Championship and win a bowl game, I’ll be thrilled.

SMU will be a Top 25 team before the end of the year.

We’ve got s long way to go to run the table and win in the postseason, though. 

I agree with all but the SMU in the Top 25 part. 

They are not as good as they looked against us.  Somehow, don’t know why, they play their season’s best game (and we look like small children who just started playing pee wee football for the first time) every time we come to Dallas...every damn time.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

It is not a lost cause. We win out, then I will chalk the early offensive woes to Reeder finally figuring things out. The defensive woes though is another story. We need to play a different style of defense. The 3-3-5 is not going to work consistently here. We just don't get the players to play it. If that is all TR knows then SL needs to move on from him. I am sure he is a nice guy, but being nice doesn't always translate to wins. We can run through CUSA after what I saw today. We need to change the defense and force D. King to beat us through the air.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

WHAT??? Give me reasons

ODU last year..  and last year's team was better...  SMU, CAL... ACU 2nd half... no bussey...  oline trash...

I'm incredibly frustrated with this team and coaching staff

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

ODU last year..  and last year's team was better...  SMU, CAL... ACU 2nd half... no bussey...  oline trash...

I'm incredibly frustrated with this team and coaching staff

Woody looked good with the O line, and those are terrible reasons on why we won't MAKE A BOWL. We should win at least 6 games in this terrible conference