Now We Know Why Cal Wasn’t In The Top 25....

FirefightnRick

6 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

The QB has nothing to do with a defense getting bent over.  

TCU beat Texas with a freshman at QB yesterday.  TCU never has a great QB or even an offense to speak of.  

But they always have a phenomenal defense that, even though they may lose keeps them in most games.  That’s what top defenses do regardless how shitty their offense is, and most championship teams in every conference has the best defense.

Prior to our game with Cal all we heard was how phenomenal their defense was.  They had just beat U Dub afterall.  

After our game I posted a poll comparing Cal’s team to SMU’s and stated very clearly their VAUNTED,  highly ranked secondary & defense was no where as good as SMU’s, especially in the speed department.  I was correct.  Cal is 4-4...SMU is 8-0.

And I predicted that Utah would bitch slap them...and that’s exactly what happened.  

Rick 

Oregon's high paced offense scored all of 17 on California.

Sometimes shit happens.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

uh huh yes GIF by Midland

Rick

When Garbers, their starting QB (who actually came back for the first time since September) was in the game it was 10-7.  Once he went down and their offense couldn't do anything, California's Defense got tired, and USC rolled in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

No fan base is as eager as that of North Texas football to bring up why all of their past accomplishments were garbage.

It’s mind blowing.  Doesn’t matter what era the accomplishment is from, someone will be by shortly to tell why is worthless. 

i feel if we reach out to the psychology department there is enough material for at least three PhD candidates.

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

Congratulations for knowing that Garbers would be re-injured.

nostradamus-occult.jpg

USC averaged 9.3 yards per play on their first possession of the game.

Garbers was only 4 of 10 for 33 yards by the time he left in the second quarter, and yet Cal was still able to run the ball and tie the game up at 10 afterwards.

Through the 3 USC possessions after Garbers left,...including the opening drive of the 3rd quarter USC averaged over 6.4 yards per play against that great defense we were warned about back in September.

USC ran up a 24 point lead by the end of the 3rd quarter averaging 7.5 yards per play at that point in the game.

USC only had the ball for 3 more minutes than Cal, and only ran one more offensive play than Cal, 61 to 60.

Sure, losing Garbers hurt Cal’s chances to keep up with USC on the scoreboard but that had nothing to do with their great, overhyped defense getting throttled as I predicted they would.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

40 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

USC averaged 9.3 yards per play on their first possession of the game.

Garbers was only 4 of 10 for 33 yards by the time he left in the second quarter, and yet Cal was still able to run the ball and tie the game up at 10 afterwards.

Through the 3 USC possessions after Garbers left,...including the opening drive of the 3rd quarter USC averaged over 6.4 yards per play against that great defense we were warned about back in September.

USC ran up a 24 point lead by the end of the 3rd quarter averaging 7.5 yards per play at that point in the game.

USC only had the ball for 3 more minutes than Cal, and only ran one more offensive play than Cal, 61 to 60.

Sure, losing Garbers hurt Cal’s chances to keep up with USC on the scoreboard but that had nothing to do with their great, overhyped defense getting throttled as I predicted they would.

Rick

Sometimes stats can only tell you so much.  Even though California scored on the drive Garbers got hurt on, as soon as he went down it was obvious they had no shot.  I don't know how to explain it, but I felt the energy sap out of the crowd as soon as he went off the field and I knew they were gonna be blown out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Cerebus said:

No fan base is as eager as that of North Texas football to bring up why all of their past accomplishments were garbage.

It’s mind blowing.  Doesn’t matter what era the accomplishment is from, someone will be by shortly to tell why is worthless. 

i feel if we reach out to the psychology department there is enough material for at least three PhD candidates.

Maybe our old alum Dr. Phil could ask how that's working for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Yes!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, CMJ said:

Sometimes stats can only tell you so much.  Even though California scored on the drive Garbers got hurt on, as soon as he went down it was obvious they had no shot.  I don't know how to explain it, but I felt the energy sap out of the crowd as soon as he went off the field and I knew they were gonna be blown out.  

Oh, so you went to the game?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

Been a busy year for me so I've been missing out on a lot of GMG time and I-

Wow. What. A. Thread.

Congratulations, I think? Couldn't be more proud about clinging so strongly to something that no one else cares about.

But if you gonna get one thing right, might as well hang onto it. That's how strong marriages are built.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Been a busy year for me so I've been missing out on Couldn't be more proud about clinging so strongly to something that no one else cares about.

No one?

You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.  Your somebody, and we all care for you.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Rick -- you're doing a bit at this point, right?  It's gotta be.  There's no other explanation for continuing to resurrect this thread to tell us what a football genius you are.  Now if you picked 4-6 at this point for North Texas, come start a thread about being Nostradamus.  Thx.

P.S.  I'm not a genius.  I had us at 9-4. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1