***Official UNT vs. Cal Bears In-Game Discussion***

Harry

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This has been a running theme since people fell in love with Mason Fine. I like Mason Fine, the player and person. But sometimes, and in this case more than sometimes, it's not always the OL. Much like the SMU game, he has time to throw the ball to his receiver of choice to complete a pass. He's hesitant, pushing the ball, and not stepping into his throws with absolute conviction. This is not the 2017-2018 Mason Fine. Through 2.5 games, this is much more like the 2016 Fine. Sometimes, we have to call a spade a spade regardless of how much you like the character of that spade. 

*Shorter muffed up in the endzone. 

*Fine missed an open WR by 5 yards (Griffin) 

I'm inclined to believe that it is a bad idea to overhaul your offensive scheme with a senior QB that has proved to be excellent in the old one.

Just now, Got5onIt said:

When Seth leaves for greener pastures come years end, NT should go to a triple option attack. The service academies are always competitive with it. Look at Air Force. 

I don't know if SL wants to leave. Why leave when you are being paid 1.8 mil a year and have done enough for UNT to keep you around for awhile? Because after all, he has gone to 4 bowl games. They keep extending and restructuring and all he has shown he has to do is get to a bowl game. I would take that everyday all day. Maybe they shouldn't give him anymore money until he can win something significant.

Just now, Venson said:

I don't know if SL wants to leave. Why leave when you are being paid 1.8 mil a year and have done enough for UNT to keep you around for awhile? Because after all, he has gone to 4 bowl games. They keep extending and restructuring and all he has shown he has to do is get to a bowl game. I would take that everyday all day. Maybe they shouldn't give him anymore money until he can win something significant.

3 bowl games and the fourth looks questionable 

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I would call it improbable. I think 5-7 is our mark. I don't think this year's team can match last year's in conference record. And if they can't then we're staring at 5-7. IF they can, then we're at 6-6. 

We look like UTSA back when they we're betting their houses they'd go undefeated. Not good folks.

9 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

When Seth leaves for greener pastures come years end, NT should go to a triple option attack. The service academies are always competitive with it. Look at Air Force. 

That is a hard transition and the academies play good defense.  That is how we won with Dickey's power I from the 1950s.  We haven't recruited that good on defense in 20 years.

• Upvote 1