***Official UNT vs. Cal Bears In-Game Discussion***

Harry

Just now, peanuts104 said:

Coaches have obviously written this off as a loss already.  How disappointing. I thought SL had more fight than that.

Why? Because he lifts weights? lol.

What in his coaching pedigree or personality makes you think he has ANY fight? When has he shown emotion or personality? When have you seen him show emotion on TV, in person on the sideline, or even in a recorded locker room hype up video? Don't let the creatine in his veins fool you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Why? Because he lifts weights? lol.

What in his coaching pedigree or personality makes you think he has ANY fight? When has he shown emotion or personality? When have you seen him show emotion on TV, in person on the sideline, or even in a recorded locker room hype up video? Don't let the creatine in his veins fool you. 

I’m sorry, but this was funny. 😁

• Upvote 1

If Shorter doesn’t drop that TD this is a totally different game. But he did, so it sucks.

Hamilton and KD playing well. Decent push from the Dline in general but not containing the Qb scramble well.

offense is a total shit show when we don’t run. When we run, we get good yardage. 

• Upvote 2

I think the defense is not playing great, but they are playing well enough to be in this game. The offense is pathetic. The defense has had to defend a short field most of the game. The defense has seemed to settle in a little, but the offense and more importantly the offensive line is not playing well. Dropped balls, missed assignments, no ability to pass protect equals a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 3

Just now, 97and03 said:

If Shorter doesn’t drop that TD this is a totally different game. But he did, so it sucks.

Hamilton and KD playing well. Decent push from the Dline in general but not containing the Qb scramble well.

offense is a total shit show when we don’t run. When we run, we get good yardage. 

We get the ball back at half, right? If you can score quickly I think there's still some hope. Cal's QB is pretty mediocre. But... I feel like the coaches just want to coast and go home. 

Just now, meangreenlax said:

We get the ball back at half, right? If you can score quickly I think there's still some hope. Cal's QB is pretty mediocre. But... I feel like the coaches just want to coast and go home. 

I hope them wanting to coast and go home is not true. That would be just crappy.

Just now, Venson said:

I think the defense is not playing great, but they are playing well enough to be in this game. The offense is pathetic. The defense has had to defend a short field most of the game. The defense has seemed to settle in a little, but the offense and more importantly the offensive line is not playing well. Dropped balls, missed assignments, no ability to pass protect equals a recipe for disaster.

This has been a running theme since people fell in love with Mason Fine. I like Mason Fine, the player and person. But sometimes, and in this case more than sometimes, it's not always the OL. Much like the SMU game, he has time to throw the ball to his receiver of choice to complete a pass. He's hesitant, pushing the ball, and not stepping into his throws with absolute conviction. This is not the 2017-2018 Mason Fine. Through 2.5 games, this is much more like the 2016 Fine. Sometimes, we have to call a spade a spade regardless of how much you like the character of that spade. 

*Shorter muffed up in the endzone. 

*Fine missed an open WR by 5 yards (Griffin) 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t feel like Reffett have enough game plan respect to the Cal QB’s wheels.  Dude has been killing us with his legs all game.

@97and03 is absolutely right through if Shorter makes an easy catch this would be a whole different ball game.

Defense has been spying Garbers since about 6 min to go in the 1st quarter. As much as Reffet needs to get donkey punched, he made that adjustment. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t feel like Reffett have enough game plan respect to the Cal QB’s wheels.  Dude has been killing us with his legs all game.

@97and03 is absolutely right through if Shorter makes an easy catch this would be a whole different ball game.

Imagine what king from UH will do to reffs D....pathetic.