Kansas

Big Z

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

Whooped Boston College and while we are over here worrying? Season is young boys 

GMG!

Rock Chalk Jayhawks. I watched and they dominated Boston College, but we do have things to worry about until we magically find a defense 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Les Miles was a good hire.  Familiar with Big 12 and its recruiting area.  

Problem is, in-state rival K-State hired a better coach. It will be a tough job.

Miles will be good for five to seven wins a year for the Jayhawks.  Will that be enough for the basketball school, or will they fall into the “We can do better” trap in a couple of years.

Edited by TheJayLenoCollection
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheJayLenoCollection said:

Problem is, in-state rival K-State hired a better coach. It will be a tough job.

Miles will be good for five to seven wins a year for the Jayhawks.  Will that be enough for the basketball school, or will they fall into the “We can do better” trap in a couple of years.

They’ve had moments where the football program percolated and made some noise but never really made it over the hump.  K-State and I-State have developed more consistent programs IMHO.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

They’ve had moments where the football program percolated and made some noise but never really made it over the hump.  K-State and I-State have developed more consistent programs IMHO.

Agreed on both, specifically Iowa State. They always seem to come out of nowhere and "shock" big teams. They are also usually consistent in both football and basketball. KU obviously has the more successful and stable basketball pedigree than the others which was both a good and a detriment at times since they funneled all of their money to basketball and football got little to nothing. I think they now realize that with the modern market, success in both is paramount. 

On 9/15/2019 at 8:53 AM, TheJayLenoCollection said:

Ca you really say Klieman is a better coach though? Sure, he had a lot of success in FCS and has had a hot start but he's also using a majority of Snyder's pieces and foundation. We already know that Miles has proven quality as coach and the foundation may already be more solid than originally thought given the BC upset, Coastal Carolina loss not withstanding. You are right though, there is excitement right now. Record number of season tickets, higher attendance numbers, but also a sense of knowing that this is a rebuild and the results won't really be apparent until around year 3. After that though, I think it is a given that the "We can do better" crowd will speak up as a lot of Jayhawks I've talked to have made that apparent. Win by year 3 or questions will be asked. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1

The very few times that Kansas has shown up as a good program, its almost always been when Bill Snyder wasn't at KSU or just had a bad season while trying to build up their program early in his tenure. Klieman might be great, but there's a reason that KSU has generally sucked ass without the Purple Wizard walking around there.

I would think Les Miles knows that he really has nothing to lose here. Get to a bowl game at some point and he might just get an extension well into his 70s...

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The very few times that Kansas has shown up as a good program, its almost always been when Bill Snyder wasn't at KSU or just had a bad season while trying to build up their program early in his tenure. Klieman might be great, but there's a reason that KSU has generally sucked ass without the Purple Wizard walking around there.

I would think Les Miles knows that he really has nothing to lose here. Get to a bowl game at some point and he might just get an extension well into his 70s...

And that’s why the Dan McCarney hire was bad, he had nothing to lose and a lot to gain as easy retirement money wise.

Edited by Big Z
  • Downvote 1

Kansas did beat Boston College which totally baffled me.  They had barely beaten FCS Indiana State in their opening game then lost to G5 newbie Coastal Carolina by five the following week at home.  So to beat BC at their place borders on the unbelievable.

Les Miles is a good coach and may very well make them a factor but having a statement game this early was shocking.  What's more, they scored 17 more points against Boston College than they scored in the first two games combined.

Edited by GrayEagle

56 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Kansas did beat Boston College which totally baffled me.  They had barely beaten FCS Indiana State in their opening game then lost to G5 newbie Coastal Carolina by five the following week at home.  So to beat BC at their place borders on the unbelievable.

Les Miles is a good coach and may very well make them a factor but having a statement game this early was shocking.  What's more, they scored 17 more points against Boston College than they scored in the first two games combined.

Execution. So many times, KU was in Coastal Carolina territory only to throw a pick, fumble, miss a field goal, or go for it on 4th down and not get it when they could have gone for a field goal. That game was a mess and they honestly should not have lost. Against BC, they were a well oiled machine. They started slow then were a nightmare from the end of the 1st to basically the end of the game. They started to figure each other out and only turned the ball over once on their first drive of the first quarter. It's still the beginning so the more they figure each other out, the more efficient they will be. They also have a solid 1,2 punch with Herbert and Pooka Williams at running back.