DRC: Prediction -- Trip to Cal won't go well for UNT

Brett Vito

42 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Thanks. I never know how well schools can follow legacies, especially this far away. From what I've heard, Ty's son is an excellent student and a very nice young man in addition to being incredibly athletic. Our kids went school together as small children but now attend rival high schools.

I've been following Cal football since High School, and my wife and I have been season ticket holders for more than 30 years. I routinely see Cal legacy recruited either as scholarship athletes or as invited walk-ons. Over the decades, Cal's football program has done a good job of reaching out to, and involving previous players/legacies. It's one thing I seen the program do well all these decades.

Hope to see Tyson Edwards do well at Cal, or anywhere else he chooses to go.

Edited by FremontBear
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, meangreenlax said:

Last week showed us that we took several steps back in all three phases. Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe SL and company can fix some of the miscues we saw last week. Go ahead and down vote me for saying this, but history tells us he wont be able to.

Cal's defense seems much better than what we saw in Dallas last week, so I expect the offense to struggle. Reeder's play calling needs to improve significantly if we want to have a chance.  And on defense? Well, it'll be a moral victory if we hold Cal under 40 points.

38-17 Cal

I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. All 3 phases have taken a step back. Our offense; the only thing I ever had confidence in, is being held back by Reeder's play calling. Our defense is atrocious, and stupid mistakes being made on special teams. No idea what people see that make them remotely confident about getting a result against Cal

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2019 at 1:17 AM, FremontBear said:

We'd have problems scoring 40 on Little Sisters of the Poor. All modesty aside, I think our D would give Mean Green a lot of trouble, and our O will convert just enough opportunities for a solid win. Something like 31-17

This is exactly what I predict 

• Upvote 1

From the second half of the ACU game thru the Smut game I have lost confidence in NT. Too much hype and so far nothing to back it up. The OC and DC so far have demonstrated to me very little confidence for this team to be Champions. The "Buck" stops at Seth. He better turn on the bilge pumps and stop the leaking! 

I hope they win but anticipate another loss....could be worse than last week. Please prove me wrong!!

• Upvote 3