DRC: Prediction -- Trip to Cal won't go well for UNT

Brett Vito

Last week showed us that we took several steps back in all three phases. Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe SL and company can fix some of the miscues we saw last week. Go ahead and down vote me for saying this, but history tells us he wont be able to.

Cal's defense seems much better than what we saw in Dallas last week, so I expect the offense to struggle. Reeder's play calling needs to improve significantly if we want to have a chance.  And on defense? Well, it'll be a moral victory if we hold Cal under 40 points.

38-17 Cal

I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We shock the Bears.

I think so too.

I picked UNT to go 10-2 this year. To do that....they have to take at least 1 out of 3 from SMU, Cal and UH. Really need 2 out of 3.

I thought we could beat Cal before the season and I think we still can.

We're a wounded animal that I guarantee Cal is not paying attention to. Big win last week. Big game next week. We played as poorly last week as we have played in some time. All adding up to a perfect trap game. Plus I think Littrell and Co. will add some tricky stuff this week as well. (as he showed last year vs Arkansas) We score a special teams TD:

UNT 27 - Cal 24

I hope the SMU performance was a fluke

• Upvote 1

For any of the older Cal fans reading:

Tyrone 'Ty' Edwards set the Big Game rushing record of 205 yards in the 1994 victory over Stanford.

He and his wife own an insurance company in Flower Mound in Denton County and his son Tyson is a star running back at Flower Mound Marcus High (same school as Stanford's Kaden Smith). Tyson is outstanding but his numbers may never be too gaudy only because his team features primarily a passing attack...And I bet they'd love to hear from Cal.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Tyrone 'Ty' Edwards set the Big Game rushing record of 205 yards in the 1994 victory over Stanford.

He and his wife own an insurance company in Flower Mound in Denton County and his son Tyson is a star running back at Flower Mound Marcus High (same school as Stanford's Kaden Smith). Tyson is outstanding but his numbers may never be too gaudy only because his team features primarily a passing attack...And I bet they'd love to hear from Cal.

Thanks for that! I remember Tyrone at Cal, and it's great to hear he and his family are doing well. His son is legacy, so I'm sure our recruiting staff in Berkeley has seen videos and will act accordingly.

32 minutes ago, FremontBear said:

Thanks for that! I remember Tyrone at Cal, and it's great to hear he and his family are doing well. His son is legacy, so I'm sure our recruiting staff in Berkeley has seen videos and will act accordingly.

Thanks. I never know how well schools can follow legacies, especially this far away. From what I've heard, Ty's son is an excellent student and a very nice young man in addition to being incredibly athletic. Our kids went school together as small children but now attend rival high schools.

Edited by ADLER
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9353936/Tyson-Edwards

• Thanks 2