Cal Football Post Practice(9/11/19) Press Conference

American_Patriot

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Fine doesn’t concern me. What I am concerned about is our WR’s ability to gain separation from the Cal DB’s. They are highly rated for a reason and we struggled in this area against a much lesser opponent in smuT. 

Right.   
Cal, who just beat ranked Washington and have a game next week at Ole Miss, may feel like they can relax a little bit against us because the QB throwing the ball to them is "like the UC Davis guy".   SMU was playing like their scrotums were on fire.  I hope for a much closer game VS Cal.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Right.   
Cal, who just beat ranked Washington and have a game next week at Ole Miss, may feel like they can relax a little bit against us because the QB throwing the ball to them is "like the UC Davis guy".   SMU was playing like their scrotums were on fire.  I hope for a much closer game VS Cal.

I agree. The schedule could play in our favor bring placed between nationally ranked conference foe Washington and SEC’s Ole’ Miss. Factor in our less than stellar play last week and they may be overlooking us. 

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good to see the sentiment runs all the way down to the fans.

Gardner Minchew was played at ECU and seemed to not suck and is starting an nfl game this sunday.  I'm not sure why it's considered a slight if he's a good player.   The Davis qb would probably start for Cal BTW.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oski said:

Gardner Minchew was played at ECU and seemed to not suck and is starting an nfl game this sunday.  I'm not sure why it's considered a slight if he's a good player.   The Davis qb would probably start for Cal BTW.   

I'm betting y'alls defense was a little more geared up for Minshew, not comparing him to "that <fcs school> guy".
And Fine would also probably be starting for y'all, as he probably would for a majority of FBS schools.  He's a special player.  I hope y'all get to see that this week, because he looked lost/unprepared last weekend VS SMU.  Very much not like him.

• Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm betting y'alls defense was a little more geared up for Minshew, not comparing him to "that <fcs school> guy".
And Fine would also probably be starting for y'all, as he probably would for a majority of FBS schools.  He's a special player.  I hope y'all get to see that this week, because he looked lost/unprepared last weekend VS SMU.  Very much not like him.

i imagine fine would start for cal.  cal's pass D is pretty damn good and i've seen sonny dykes defenses so that doesn't bode well.  Only herbert lit it up last year (cal's offense also had 3 or 4 turnovers in that game).   wilcox has done well against air raid teams as well.   

2 minutes ago, oski said:

i imagine fine would start for cal.  cal's pass D is pretty damn good and i've seen sonny dykes defenses so that doesn't bode well.  Only herbert lit it up last year (cal's offense also had 3 or 4 turnovers in that game).   wilcox has done well against air raid teams as well.   

For sure.   Seeing what Cal did to the Pirate & Minshew last year should be cause for serious concern for all Mean Green fans.   I know North Texas is not a game that's going to pump up a lot of P5 fan bases, but I wasn't expecting to hear it from the coaches/players.   So I have a slight glimmer of hope that maybe the offense can come out quick and catch y'all napping, expecting a player like 'that UC Davis guy'... instead, getting the real Mason Fine, not whatever he was doing last weekend.

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

For sure.   Seeing what Cal did to the Pirate & Minshew last year should be cause for serious concern for all Mean Green fans.   I know North Texas is not a game that's going to pump up a lot of P5 fan bases, but I wasn't expecting to hear it from the coaches/players.   So I have a slight glimmer of hope that maybe the offense can come out quick and catch y'all napping, expecting a player like 'that UC Davis guy'... instead, getting the real Mason Fine, not whatever he was doing last weekend.

after the big late win last week, it wouldn't' be surprising to see cal come out flat and give up some early points.  hopefully (for my sake) they know better, but human nature is human nature.